turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trice or Dawkins Stoned Aluminum

Started by 243kid, December 28, 2019, 12:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

243kid

I know with the Lonzo call you are looking at $100 vs Dawkins at $60 for acrylic/plastic pots. I am not afraid to spend the extra money if the sound is better.

Will_price

Honestly I think it's a toss up. They're both great calls.
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

va longbeard

Quote from: Will_price on December 29, 2019, 11:29:15 AM
Honestly I think it's a toss up. They're both great calls.

I gotta agree I have both there pretty close

3bailey3

The Dwakins it a plastic pot, Lonzo's is acrylic, both sound great, they both make or use to make them in wooden pots that are also great callers, Will has one listed now in the classified section.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

gdc23

Im also on the fence between these two calls, I like the idea of the acrylic pot over plastic as it just seems higher quality, but in the end its about the sound. Hopefully more will respond that have experience with both. Does anyone know if they source their aluminum playing surface from the same source

shatcher

Pick em.  I paid $100 for Lonzo.  Good call, but wouldn't do it again.

yelpy

Another thing I like to consider is the weight of the call. Both are great calls.

Coop1082

Flip a coin. If we're getting technical I think the Dawkins has more "reach out and touch em'" range. Love the yelps and sound of both of them. I think Lon's is a little more lively and not as high pitched/pingy as Darrin's but that's splitting hairs and can be changed visa versa depending on what stick your running on them. I have doubles of both and hunt them both often and with full confidence.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

BTH

Gotta go with Dawkins. I have never played a Lonzo one but I hear they are good too.

I like the simplicity of the Dawkins. It's a straight up meat killing call; simple, effective and no bells and whistles. Gets it done!

Just wish the box it ships in was a little smaller  :TooFunny:
Phil 4:13

Meleagris gallopavo

I ran Dawkin's stoned aluminum today for the first time.  It sung mighty nice.
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Bowguy

Idk boys I'm gonna say they're both very different and I have both. Dawkins is cheaper but the plastic pot is molded not turned. Imo the Lonzo sounds closer to realistic but the Dawkins seems to penetrate the woods n grab em at times.  It does sound different though. More "robotic"
My recommendation would be just get em both. Both great calls and worthy of having. If I had to chose one I'd chose one pair

rakkin6

Don't own a Dawkins but have heard them run before and they sound great. That being said I have the Lonzo Anodized in acrylic and would buy it again over the Dawkins. Just like the sound a little better and I like the acrylic pot. But what one of the other commenters said it is not quite has loud has the Dawkins. Either way you can't go wrong. Now that I have the Lonzo might just buy me a Dawkins so I have both lol.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Chris O

I have a Dawkins and it sounds good and have heard sound files of lonzo's and they sound good to. I like my Gooserbat aluminum as well if not better than the Dawkins it comes with a nice walnut pot .