OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Facepaint That Works??  (Read 1296 times)

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
Facepaint That Works??
« on: February 17, 2020, 05:23:29 PM »
Thinking about ditching the camo gloves this year and just rubbing some black paint on my hands. Tired of keeping up with gloves and they deaden the sound of my trumpet calls. Of course no gloves are needed if you just sit still, but I like to be as well concealed as I can within reason. Problem is most brands of facepaint won’t stay where you put it. It never dries, stays greasy and rubs all over your gun, calls, and equipment. Anyone know of any facepaint that actually stays put without coming off on everything you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Offline bobk

• In Memorial
  • Longbeard
Re: Facepaint That Works??
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 06:37:23 PM »
Carbomask Camo has worked for me.

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 06:54:47 PM »
Carbo mask is awesome. I use it bowhunting. When done you can take a baby wipe and take it right off without having to scrub hard.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline SOCOM304

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:48:43 PM »
Another vote for Carbomask. It goes on and comes off easy. Very easy actually, but it will not rub off while hunting. It has a matte appearance too, not an oily and shiny look. Definitely the best warpaint on the market!

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 08:09:55 PM »
 :icon_thumright:  Carbomask

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 08:58:42 PM »
never heard of it. What`s it like chalk?

Offline Muzzy61

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 08:31:07 AM »
another vote for Carbomask
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Ranger

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 08:34:53 AM »
Burnt wine cork
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Offline Rapscallion Vermilion

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 08:45:08 AM »
never heard of it. What`s it like chalk?
Carbomask is deactivated charcoal in a liquid suspension.  Goes on real easy, no grease, dries fast, and comes off easy with wipes, but doesn't rub on to other stuff when it is dry on your skin.

Offline bigriverbum

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 10:04:54 AM »
Burnt wine cork

this or else just wipe some mud across my cheeks and nose. i have a full beard so i don't need much coverage. just need something to dull your "shine"

Offline headshot870

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 01:23:01 PM »
Burnt wine cork

this or else just wipe some mud across my cheeks and nose. i have a full beard so i don't need much coverage. just need something to dull your "shine"

Do NOT use mud!!! There're a lot of micro organisms that can be present in mud that can lead to major health issues.

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 01:45:56 PM »
Burnt wine cork

Do NOT use mud!!! There're a lot of micro organisms that can be present in mud that can lead to major health issues.
Good point. When you’re in the medical field, taking a class in microbiology will change your perspective on a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Offline LaLongbeard

• Double Beard
  • Louisiana
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
I use the military camo sticks. Same we used when I was in the Army that stuff stays on sweat or not. It comes off no problem with soap but other than that it stays. Get the real military surplus stuff not the imitation which isn’t as durable.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2020, 09:06:48 PM »
Best I have ever used as far as staying on is the old Fred Bear stuff in the tubes, have fun finding that anymore though. I had gotten a bad bottle of the Carbomask and the company sent me another, I tried on the second tube at home and it was fine, much thicker than the other tube I had gotten. Unfortunately it just ran off in the field when I started to sweat, so I will just keep using what I have left of that old Fred Bear face paint.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 07:26:32 AM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 05:08:28 AM »
Carbon masks is nice because it comes off easy. I also carry dead down wind face paint in the orange stick in my vest  to re apply or fill in some spots on my kids face when his mask isn’t covering his face well. I also use h.s strut in tubes and green plastic box with the mirror. Carbon mask comes off the easiest