turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New longbox

Started by Chris O, February 10, 2020, 07:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris O

I got this awesome call from Billy Bush tonight.Billy told me that he just uses Osage for the lids anymore. He said he has tried other woods but always comes back to what works. Anyone have any of his calls with different woods? I would love to see a picture if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gergg

Quote from: Chris O on February 10, 2020, 07:50:36 PM
I got this awesome call from Billy Bush tonight.Billy told me that he just uses Osage for the lids anymore. He said he has tried other woods but always comes back to what works. Anyone have any of his calls with different woods? I would love to see a picture if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Chris, is the body Osage too?
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Chris O

I don't think so . I am not sure what it is. I will try to remember to take another picture tomorrow. I think it's butternut or something similar. The sun was setting and gave it the gold tint. Someone else probably knows more about his calls than I do. All I know is they sound good and are easy to play lol.

packmule

Billy Bush beggin machine.
Osage over butternut. I don't think he makes any other wood combos. Great longbox, has a spring under the lid.

paboxcall

Very sweet! The Stradivarius of box calls. Congrats on one of the best from one of the best!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Sir-diealot

Nice looking box you got there Chris.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

bobk

Great looking box. Congratulations

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

crow

Quote from: paboxcall on February 10, 2020, 09:45:08 PM
Very sweet! The Stradivarius of box calls. Congrats on one of the best from one of the best!

Spot on, he makes a great longbox that should be full of turkeys

yelpy

Billy's beggin machines are possibly the best paddle calls made. Killer calls!!!

Greg Massey

Good looking longbox ...congrats

packmule

I like the red inlays on the paddle, my calls from Billy have walnut inlays on the paddle.

Chris O

Thanks guys I got this one for a spare to my other one of his I have. Love the sound and ease of play

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O