turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas hunting tips

Started by 10thLegionGA, January 23, 2020, 11:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyguy

Make sure you pack some winter clothing...we were there towards the end of April and it was rainy, windy, and cold. It felt more like deer hunting weather.

dzsmith

If you aren't in the chips, the Midwest can be nightmare to turkey hunt. I think the days of being in the chips in Kansas are about behind us. I hate driving around and looking but you have no choice anymore. Scout , scout, and keep scouting. and when you find one, get in front of him and do it quickly
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

gobblerguide

The turkey population is at the lowest level I have seen in over 20 years,with the floods of last season there was a very small hatch . I think it's something else Such as bird flu because the numbers have been dwindling for several years.
Worse than the bird flu on gobblers!

stinkpickle

Yet another reminder about the dirt roads.  Always park where the gravel ends and walk to your hunting spot, no matter what the weather forecast says.  All it takes is a sprinkle to ruin your day.

owlhoot

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 27, 2020, 05:28:20 PM
Yet another reminder about the dirt roads.  Always park where the gravel ends and walk to your hunting spot, no matter what the weather forecast says.  All it takes is a sprinkle to ruin your day.
Ain't that the truth