OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 3045 times)

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 10:00:38 PM »
I’m from Southwest Georgia near the Alabama line. I started turkey hunting seriously when I was 16, and have been a gobbler fanatic the past 14 years. I’m extremely blessed to have a good amount of private family farmland to hunt. I sometimes hunt with a good friend who is also a turkey nut, and he too has a pretty good bit of private land. I’m almost to my grand slam, killed one Osceola, two Rios, and a pile of Georgia Easterns. Just need my Merriams to finish it out. I’m a committed Christian and thank the Lord that I have the opportunity and good health to chase these birds every year. Looking forward to the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Offline TNTRKYHunter

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 10:03:42 PM »
I am from middle Tennessee as well. I have been hunting turkeys for quite some time. I hunt public and private property and take half of my vacation days during the spring to turkey hunt. I look forward to the contest this year. It’s been a couple years since we had a team. Looks like we have a great team and I can’t wait to start hunting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ArkyRidgeRunna

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »
Im from Northwest Arkansas. Been turkey hunting prob 15 years. Hunt mainly the ozark mountains in the north part of the state. Unfortunately our season is only a couple weeks or so here so real weather dependent. Real rugged terrain but beautiful. Also hunt east Oklahoma and Nebraska a bit. Hope to put a couple on the board.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2020, 08:12:07 AM »
I am from middle Tn. I started turkey hunting in the 80s. Due to numerous health reasons and horrible work schedule I skipped about 8 years and came back with a vengeance in the 90s. I love using vintage turkey calls and vintage guns. I also use modern guns but love old stuff and it still works. Killed a bird last year with one of the NWTF Gibson reproduction calls and a 1934 Model 12 Winchester. Going to carry a 1928 Lefever double some this year. I look forward to getting to know you fellers this season. I feel sure that all of you are better turkey hunters than I am. I am satisfied just being one of the boys.
My bird with the model 12 from 2019:

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 08:22:18 AM »
I am from middle Tn. I started turkey hunting in the 80s. Due to numerous health reasons and horrible work schedule I skipped about 8 years and came back with a vengeance in the 90s. I love using vintage turkey calls and vintage guns. I also use modern guns but love old stuff and it still works. Killed a bird last year with one of the NWTF Gibson reproduction calls and a 1934 Model 12 Winchester. Going to carry a 1928 Lefever double some this year. I look forward to getting to know you fellers this season. I feel sure that all of you are better turkey hunters than I am. I am satisfied just being one of the boys.
My bird with the model 12 from 2019:

Nice bird and gun, she's a beaut Clark

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 12:13:34 PM »
Man that is a nice gun! Congrats on the bird with it!

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 05:54:55 PM »
Thanks. It belonged to my late best friend. He told me to kill a turkey with it but I din't do it while he was alive. I finally nailed one with it. $1,000,000.00 wouldn't buy it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:35:22 PM by reflexl »

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 07:09:16 PM »
Thanks. It belonged to my later best friend. He told me to kill a turkey with it but I din't do it while he was alive. I finally nailed one with it. $1,000,000.00 wouldn't buy it.
Dont blame you one bit

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2020, 11:48:29 AM »
From north central ky. I’m 23 years old and been hunting turkeys since I was 7. Season will be starting in Alabama this year as well as hunting Tennessee Kentucky Indiana West Virginia and possibly Nebraska and Wisconsin if everything works out

What part of AL

I’ll be hunting Choccolocco

Offline Clwg97

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2020, 11:47:40 PM »
I live in West Tennessee, Tipton County, Grew up hunting Missouri Ozark public land birds. Moved to Tennessee after college for work and love hunting these Tennessee public land birds just as much. Seems weird that public opens so much later in Tennessee than private does. Hoping to find a few birds to chase. I will still be hunting Missouri this year and may be taking a road trip to Kansas later in the season.   

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2020, 06:54:03 AM »
I live in West Tennessee, Tipton County, Grew up hunting Missouri Ozark public land birds. Moved to Tennessee after college for work and love hunting these Tennessee public land birds just as much. Seems weird that public opens so much later in Tennessee than private does. Hoping to find a few birds to chase. I will still be hunting Missouri this year and may be taking a road trip to Kansas later in the season.
Head towards the middle of the state, lots of wmas that open with the statewide season.

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »
I’m from south AL originally. Live in Central AL now. I’ve been chasing toms for the past 20 some odd years. I’ve learned more in the past few seasons than I knew in the previous 15. I hunt turkeys every second I can get away. Honestly got to the point calling them in is as much if not more fun than packing them out. New to this whole contest thing but figured why not. Always find myself learning something new each season. I’m hopefully starting the season March 14th on NF in MS. Kinda mix it up in AL between public land and the hunting club I’m in. Anyone ever hunted Public land in MS? I’m trying to figure out which National Forest I want to start with. Good luck to everyone this year.

One last piece of business. ROLL TIDE!!!

We can't be having any of that Roll Tide stuff. Scares off the turkeys.

Gig'em!