OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Honest question  (Read 5798 times)

Offline nitro

• Longbeard
Re: Honest question
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2020, 05:17:28 PM »
Keep posting the Buice photos.

We all know you aren't an expert on all things Buice. There is only one of those and his name is , oddly enough, Buice. :TooFunny:

Like I taught you four years ago, buy what pleases you. And you won't catch me... :toothy12: :toothy12:
Royal Slam 2008

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2020, 05:34:44 PM »
I had somebody send me a message on Facebook saying much the same. On Facebook I have a photo album created where I just post pictures of things that I use in turkey hunting, whether they be calls, decoys, vests or whatever. I have it for a couple of reasons, one is to keep track of what strikers go with what calls, another is I always make sure I post the makers name and contact information in case somebody sees a call and would like to have the maker make them a call. I also ask the maker for a soundfile to go with the pictures of the calls so people can hear their calls and if they like what they hear they can get in contact with the maker. (I hate to make my own soundfiles, I just do not feel I do the calls justice) Another reason is for insurance purposes, I have both a visual evidence of owning them as well as written and copied records for insurance reasons. I also like showing of all the artwork you guys make.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Brad_Colvin

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »
I enjoy seeing them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline greentag

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »
That’s the craziest thing I have ever heard,that’s the reason I get on here,is to look at the calls people have...I like all the different kinds of woods,and especially buice trumpets...that’s just bazaar to me..I say keep em’coming!

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2020, 11:43:59 PM »
That would make it even more fun for me. I'd accumulate more at  even a faster pace and post every damn one of them.Lol....

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »
Haha! You should have told him to pound sand. I cant believe someone would give somebody a hard time about showing off calls on a TURKEY forum. Oh well... you have some clowns everywhere.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline eorlando

• Longbeard
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2020, 07:02:06 PM »
I really appreciate everyone that took the time out to respond to this thread. I had a feeling that he was the minority. I also believe that if someone felt the same as he did I doubt they would publicly put it out here. Anyways, I will continue to post new calls when I get them. I will post up better pics of other that I haven't posted as well.

On a side note thanks Allen for the the kind words about my other photography. A few of you follow me on Facebook and or Instagram and have seen my waterfowl, retriever photos and other outdoor photography. If you are into that stuff and want to check it out follow me on Instagram @6_drakes_photography

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2020, 06:57:37 AM »
Do what you want and do not worry about what others say.
I know that. Just wanted to know if others felt the same way as him. If so, I don't need to post them. Just figured y'all liked seeing them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What a terrible site it would be if guys didn't post anything!!! I enjoy all posts and pics.

Offline Chuck1443

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2020, 11:10:24 AM »
Keep posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[ulr=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url][=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157301774@N04/][/url]

Offline Papa

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 10:26:30 AM »
I'm a new guy on the forum, and I like your pictures. If not for the pictures on this forum how would I know what looks good to me and sounds good to a turkey.  I'm an older guy but still learning about turkey hunting. So without people like you how would we learn anything about hunting these great birds. I appreciate all the pictures and info that gets placed on this forum. SO Keep Posting!

Offline Andy S.

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2020, 09:48:44 AM »
Please keep posting your calls. I enjoy all the call posts from the members of OG!
Ditto! Ignore haters and naysayers.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 01:14:28 PM »
I like pictures of turkey calls. Keep posting yours.

Offline bear hunter

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 01:17:40 PM »
I like seeing them thanks for sharing.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2020, 10:45:42 AM »
I certainly enjoy pictures of trumpet calls or for that matter any call. As has been mentioned I like the woods, although probably bought to many calls because of those picture. What an odd comment in a PM, certainly never ever thought of picture posting in that manner.

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2020, 12:54:14 PM »
I agree , keep posting pictures , i enjoy seeing his beautiful works of art ..CALL's