OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg Youth Super Bantam 20 w/ Fed TSS 9’s and Indian Creek .555  (Read 2830 times)

Offline chefrific

• The Boss Gobbler
Haven’t done a pellet count. I don’t really get hung up on those numbers. Just look for a good pattern.
Decent results out of this combo today. 20 and 40 yard target pics below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Heldo

Re: Mossberg Youth Super Bantam 20 w/ Fed TSS 9’s and Indian Creek .555
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:03:01 PM »
That’ll  do!

rdjustham

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »
Im actively looking for one of these for my son.  from what ive seen online, it comes with a super full choke in the gun.  Already picked up some Federal TSS 9s.  Did you ever pattern the shells with the choke that comes with the gun?

Offline chefrific

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:14:33 PM »
Im actively looking for one of these for my son.  from what ive seen online, it comes with a super full choke in the gun.  Already picked up some Federal TSS 9s.  Did you ever pattern the shells with the choke that comes with the gun?

Not yet, but plan to.  I've also got a carlson .555 to test out as well.

rdjustham

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »

Not yet, but plan to.  I've also got a carlson .555 to test out as well.

Ive got a carlson in my Sa-20 and like it with fed tss 9s, too bad the 500 wont take the same choke.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »

I have, the Mossburg XFull patterns 1 5/8 oz TSS #9 handholds in the upper 250's in the 10" at 40yds with a nice even hunting 15" pattern

it also patterned the Fed HVWT 15g #6's very well
it patterned Fed HVWT 15g #7's OK, but the Trulock choke did better for the #7's

rdjustham

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 12:35:27 PM »

I have, the Mossburg XFull patterns 1 5/8 oz TSS #9 handholds in the upper 250's in the 10" at 40yds with a nice even hunting 15" pattern

it also patterned the Fed HVWT 15g #6's very well
it patterned Fed HVWT 15g #7's OK, but the Trulock choke did better for the #7's

Thanks!