OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Soloman hikers

Started by darron, February 01, 2020, 09:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darron

I'm on the search for a pair of truly waterproof hiking boots. I've searched YouTube and after watching several videos of people submerging various brands of hikers in water it seemed like the soloman are truly waterproof. Can anyone verify this with hunting experience?

WV Ridge Reaper

I got some about 2 months ago..Got a few miles on them,steeped in a creek one day and never got wet.

I won't bash or brag them up as I just haven't used them much..If I could change one thing with mine it would be going with a wide size...They do seem to grip well.

I have wore a pair of under armour speed hikes for some time but went searching for something a little more dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darron

aclawrence

Have a pair of Zamberlan 996 going on 4 years. Never leaked a drop. I just picked up another pair of Zamberlans since I like these so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntineveryday

I've been using a pair of the Quest 4D 3 GTX's since last summer for hiking and hunting. Mine have been working pretty well. I wear size 11 Nike, and size 11 fit well. Probably the most comfortable boot I've had in a long time. Did some backpacking in Colorado and man, they have some grip on rocky surfaces!  Mine have held up to frost, wet snow, and puddles well without leaking. I am a little anxious to see how they work in the spring dew. They seem a little soft for busting through upland cover and have some scuffs here and there from pheasant hunting, but nothing horrible. I am a little worried about durability due to the large amount of seems they have, but so far they are holding up well.

I read quite a few reviews prior to getting mine and it seemed like they either leaked or they didn't from the get-go. Most of those were from the previous model through. From what I've read I'd recommend testing them out after you get them so you can return them if they leak.

rakkin6

I had a pair of Salomons that made it through 2 deployments to Syria and countless training events before I retired from the Army in November. Still have them and use them. So I would definitely recommend them.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

huntineveryday

FYI, those Quest 4D 3 GTX's are on sale at backcountry.com right now for $152 in black at least. That's a great deal