turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 500 Super Bantum or Hatsan PS 20 Youth

Started by rdjustham, January 29, 2020, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdjustham

Thanks guys.  Gonna look to see if i can find the mossy locally to try on for size.  Still have til april until i can get him in the turkey woods.

bower7706

I have a super bantam i bought for my little brother probably 12 years ago.  He was 8 at the time killed a bird every year with it until he out grew it. My nephew killed 3 with it and now my 7yo son uses it.  Im not a mossberg fan by any means but i will admit its been the perfect gun for my boys.  Being able to shorten the stock is huge for young hunters

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rdjustham

Thanks.  Just got one for my boy.  Havent had a chance to pattern it yet but have some fed tss #9s.  Gonna shoot the xfull that came with it.  What choke are you using and how do you like it?

bower7706

I honestly didnt experiment too much with chokes.  We use a hs undertaker.  I liked it a lot because its not too extremely tight.  I wanted something a little more open so the kids have a little room for error.  If i could find the darn thing i would tell u constriction.  It likes the tss 7s more than 9s but both are deadly.  I shoot a indian creek 555 in my 870 20 gauge and its nasty but too tight for the kids.  Keep that in mind when selecting tubes and constrictions.  The factory tube might be the ticket.  I posted a pic of 40 yds with the federal tss 7s.  Plenty tight.  The 20 yd pattern is tight but honestly pretty similar to the 40 which is why i like that choke so much

rdjustham

Thanks.  We are gonna give the factory choke a shot. I think its .584. 

bower7706

Good luck!!  Post some pics of your patterns with the factory tube if u dont mind id love to see how it does. 

rdjustham

Quote from: bower7706 on March 07, 2020, 09:35:30 PM
Good luck!!  Post some pics of your patterns with the factory tube if u dont mind id love to see how it does. 

Going to try and get out this weekend to shoot it.  Ill post pics.

WylieCoyote

Quote from: rdjustham on March 09, 2020, 07:26:06 AM

I have a jebs .560 Invector threads if you're interested in it. It's a nasty TSS/HeviShot choke.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

rdjustham

Quote from: WylieCoyote on March 10, 2020, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: rdjustham on March 09, 2020, 07:26:06 AM

I have a jebs .560 Invector threads if you're interested in it. It's a nasty TSS/HeviShot choke.

Thanks but thats probably gonna be a little tight for my son.  Looking for a nice even patter to 35-40yds with some wiggle room at 20.