OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tru glo gobble dot

Started by Shady valley birds, January 29, 2020, 05:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shady valley birds

Does anyone else run the gobble dot and have had issues with a condensation spot in the glass? And if so anyway to stop it? I have good flip up caps but after a wet soggy day in the woods it gets that spot. Thanks guys
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Elmerfudd

I had a couple given to me at the SHOT show some years back and I ran one on my 835 and gave the other away. Both of them ran fine for several seasons, held zero, no fogging or condensation issues. I switched to Benellis and the Burris 2 and 3 fast fires as the whole rig is just so much more compact.

At the price point they sell them for - saw what looked like the same sight for 50 bucks at Cabelas recently, I'd just replace it. They aren't going to be as tight as better optics of that style but the price is hard to beat.

As an aside, I did really like the red and green color option and the ring around the dot. Wished the Burris had that - the ring that is and now Holosun does with their 507c so I'm switching from Burris FF3 to see how that works. Very compact and small, RMR footprint.

Maybe call truglow. You never know what they might do.

Shady valley birds

This is the 2nd one the first one did the same thing and I returned it.  Now I just got a Nikon spur I'm gonna try that out. But I liked the big circle as well but it is nice having a tiny sight compared to the tru glo.
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.