OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Burris FF3 battery cover  (Read 5236 times)

Offline strum

Burris FF3 battery cover
« on: January 28, 2020, 04:35:12 PM »
 hello guys,
  I Just got a FF3 today and installed it right away. no issues untill i tried installing the battery . What the *+& .
  I got it finally but I dread the next time.
  Since I didnt look well before I uscrewed the cap Im questioning if I got it on right.
 It would go on easy with out the batt but it was like the batt was too thick.
 So it looks like the cover sticking up in the rear a smidge. is this right?
 Its working fine and I didnt feel like I cross threaded it but im questioning the install . There is just no way to tell once it on.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: Burris FF3 battery cover
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2020, 11:27:53 PM »
Can't you take it back off and look at the threads if your worried.

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 08:32:08 AM »
Could be a piece of trash/metal chip etc. in the battery compartment causing it to not fit properly. Take it back off and look.

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »
I agree with the 2 above...take the cover back off and check the threads.

What I do when installing a new battery....turn opposite for 1/2 turn or more then start threading it the correct way. For me, this works better.

Offline strum

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 12:09:52 AM »
I did take it back off. I think its good but what a pain to get on . Thanks guys

Offline strum

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 05:22:34 PM »
To follow up I looked at some pics and I can see I have my cap on right.  They all appear to tilt up a tad at the rear but its just the way the casting is made.
 On  another note I really dig the compact size of this unit . Looks great on my shotgun and Im itching to go hunt!!!

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 05:24:38 PM »
common issue you talk about.. I have 5 of them and they all do this. I found that certain batteries cause the issue. The fix for me? Use Duracell battery.. cap goes on nice and easy every time.

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 06:14:58 PM »
As a previous poster said, turning the cover backwards until it falls into place makes it go fairly smoothly. If you just try to screw it in, you’ll have trouble. Once the threads are messed up, you’ll have fits with it. Good thing is, Burris will stand behind anything that goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 06:45:28 PM »
I think the site is terrible and the battery cover you speak of is horrendous. Glad it’s working out for ya. Did you shoot it yet? I finally got my cover installed after I had to take a break so I didn’t get frustrated. I finally got it on. A shot or so n the cover fell off in the snow.
Took the site off and returned it. Hope your luck is better. Didn’t like the dot either. Was about like a comet w a tail

Offline Yote72571

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 02:33:21 PM »
I think the site is terrible and the battery cover you speak of is horrendous. Glad it’s working out for ya. Did you shoot it yet? I finally got my cover installed after I had to take a break so I didn’t get frustrated. I finally got it on. A shot or so n the cover fell off in the snow.
Took the site off and returned it. Hope your luck is better. Didn’t like the dot either. Was about like a comet w a tail

Sorry to hear I really like both of mine. 20 gauge and PMR 30.  They up the game quite a bit especially on the PMR 30. 

Offline strum

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »
 I ran quiet a few rounds though it . its holding good. no problems.

Offline wvnut3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2020, 08:43:28 PM »
I had the same issue. Do yourself a favor, buy the duracell battery. It solves the problem. I was skepticle but hey for a few $$ its worth a shot. It works no issue now.Lee

Offline bigdrumnc

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 07:21:18 PM »
Dang if this doesn’t work!??. I just mounted my second ff3 and bought a Duracell battery and that did the trick.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2023, 09:03:57 AM »
Dang if this doesn’t work!??. I just mounted my second ff3 and bought a Duracell battery and that did the trick.

You won’t have a problem using the Duracell battery….Have 2 set-ups with FF3, no cap issues….good luck
“Solo hunter”

Offline slave601

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2023, 08:08:38 AM »
It’s the battery they send in the box with the sight. I just bought a brand new sight and had the same problem. Put a battery in the new sight out of my old sight and the cap screwed on perfectly.
"thinnin the flock"