OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Killer B’s Story Thread  (Read 13180 times)

Offline Delmar ODonnell

Re: Killer B’s Story Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2020, 06:08:54 PM »
Beautiful bird Trent! Merriams have some beautiful colors

Online POk3s

« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
Thank you guys!! It’s definitely a visual treat getting one of these guys on the ground. I never get tired of looking at them!

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2020, 08:49:09 PM »
MUCHO CONGRATS on a stud of a Merriam's !!!!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline a_jabbo

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2020, 10:42:55 PM »
Great bird, POK! Congrats

Online POk3s

« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2020, 05:04:44 PM »
Thanks guys!!! Now who’s next!?

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #110 on: April 29, 2020, 02:55:53 PM »

I have a pretty good feeling our PA guys are going to lay down some birds this coming weekend!

Offline Mossyguy

« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2020, 04:29:09 PM »
Our season ends on Friday and me and my pops have been fishing. So even though my season is done I’ll still be on here checking on you guys. Looking forward to seeing some pics of those northern birds!

Offline zsully

« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »

I have a pretty good feeling our PA guys are going to lay down some birds this coming weekend!

Went scouting and put eyes on 15 long beards this morning.  Hopefully we can get one to play on Saturday. I’m ready!!!!

Online POk3s

« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2020, 06:24:53 PM »
GO GET EM BOYS!!!

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2020, 09:04:07 PM »
GO GET EM BOYS!!!

Good luck to all you Pennsylvania guys! Hey Trent, check you pms; I sent you a couple questions about Wyoming

Offline a_jabbo

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2020, 11:18:17 PM »
We've got birds lined up for Saturday, it's just a matter if any of them are willing to commit suicide.

Online POk3s

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2020, 09:44:00 AM »
GO GET EM BOYS!!!

Good luck to all you Pennsylvania guys! Hey Trent, check you pms; I sent you a couple questions about Wyoming

Delmar I sent one back and have been awaiting your reply!? Did it not send?? Shoot me a text at 307-871-0575

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2020, 07:13:09 PM »
Going into one of the least optimistic seasons in a good while.  The birds up here ate cicadas all last summer and had a very easy winter.  Should be covered up in healthy, heavy birds.  But I'm not seeing the numbers at our place I thought I would be.

Time will tell.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Online POk3s

« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2020, 10:38:34 AM »
They’ve been socially distancing Yoder...they’ll be there!

Offline a_jabbo

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »
After a complete flop of a morning on Saturday, today was a good day for redemption. Zsully and I have been wanting to hunt this particular little spot for quite sometime now, and luckily Z was able to speak with the Landowner to get permission. He told me yesterday that his 5 year old son wanted to go out turkey hunting with us, and of course that's absolutely going to happen. Z went and set the blind up last night, and with a good report back said that he saw a gobbler with a hen working their way in the direction of where we would be setup in the morning. Morning comes, and everyone is jacked up. Get to the blind and of course the wind had blown the blind over. Get that setup and we are situated. We were nice and cozy about 5:15, just in the nick of time considering daybreak is coming earlier. About 5:40, with plenty of light for turkeys to see, I hear a 4 wheeler coming. Sure enough, two guys come in from a neighboring property and start walking in our direction. GOOOOBBBLLEEE!! First gobbles ring out. Im looking out the back window, and these dudes are stopped about 80 yards away, and I know they see us. I throw a wave to make sure, and they walk away from us to setup about 130-150 yards away. We're hearing more gobbling, so I'm glassing the trees and see what appeared to be a jake out in front of us. I watched him gobble, but we were hearing a deeper gobble a little further behind him. I throw out some yelps and get some good responses. We watched the jake fly down, and we were positive the other gobbler was on the ground. I hit him with the sweet stuff and he started hammering back. Gave him a couple more yelps and zipped it. So the wait begins, but it didn't take long for Z's son to snap his arm up as the gobbler stepped out of the woods. Not sure if the gobbler saw him do that or he was being cautious of the decoys, but he was skirting them. Didn't skirt out of range though. A nice little 30 yard shot and he was flopping. I like it when you can score before work time.