turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rhino and tss?

Started by RiverRoost, January 27, 2020, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Anybody ever shot nitro tss through a Rhino choke, primarily in invector plus guns?

KentuckyLB

Ran TSS through an 870 with 660.. constriction Rhino Nitro load 2 5/8 8x9  Consistently printed 520 plus 10 inch circle

RiverRoost

I don't see where it would hurt but Nitro made it sound like the choke wasn't approved or couldn't handle the tss. I've got a 660 and 670 for my sx3 I'm curious about

Ridge Rooster

Following this. Seems like I read last year where Nitro had developed a TSS load for the guys who were using the old recommended choke for their Heavy Shot loads, which for the most part was the Rhino .660. I looked through their website last night and saw nothing about it. I as well as one of the guys I hunt with was interested in ordering some shells but the Rhino is not listed as a choke for their TSS loads?

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Ridge Rooster

May give them a call today and see what's up. We both shoot Benelli shot guns mine is a SB@ his is a SBE and we both have Rhino .660 chokes.

Heavy Barrel'
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

RiverRoost

Yeah I don't see what it would hurt. I may call rhino today myself and see what they say. I just ordered plenty of H518 but curiosity kills the cat with this tss!

trkehunr93

I have an old winchester model 1200 I was gifted that has a rhino choke on it and I ran 2 3/4" Apex 8's thru it last spring.  Patterned good and my last bird last spring was killed with that gun, the choke was put on the gun in the mid 2000's I believe.