OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: crows  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Cut N Run

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • North Carolina
Re: crows
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 08:38:27 AM »
I have a black Primos crow call that pulls gobbles pretty well, though I don't use it to imitate a crow.  I hit it hard with two short, loud blasts. Turkeys hear crows all the time, but they don't gobble at all of 'em. I use it more scouting or at dusk to pull a shock gobble and see what's where.  It works like it means it.  (kudos to Gobble Nut for the technique  :icon_thumright:).

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 05:54:08 PM »
Watched a police car run down the road with siren blaring.  When the sound echoed up into the holler, both the gobblers in front of me sounded off.

This happened to me one time,

the sound of the sirens startled me awake, I jumped up running to get back across the property line but then I realized I was still on public ground and had nothing to worry about.

Offline hotspur

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 08:01:07 PM »
Watched a police car run down the road with siren blaring.  When the sound echoed up into the holler, both the gobblers in front of me sounded off.

This happened to me one time,

the sound of the sirens startled me awake, I jumped up running to get back across the property line but then I realized I was still on public ground and had nothing to worry about.
thank you for making me waste some perfectly good beer
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 09:45:03 PM by hotspur »

Offline crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 09:06:30 PM »
 :TooFunny: