OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Brand New Callmaker

Started by Big Rack, January 27, 2020, 12:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBELYELL

Keep at it, not a bad start

HFultzjr

The Oak Copper sounds really good to my "Central PA" ears.
Keep Going.
:turkey2:

CMBOSTC

In my opinion, the oak copper call is the closest to being there out of the 3. It's a very good first call and probably won't take much at all to bring it home. I would concentrate on that one. Don't overwhelm yourself with different surfaces, soundboards and wood. Pick your combos and stick to them until you get the call to where you want it, and then move to other combos.

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 27, 2020, 09:43:29 PM
Im going to be as straight as I can with you. Its more to building a great sounding pot than just glueing in a soundboard and putting a surface on top of it. Really good callmakers experiment with diffrent measurements until they find the perfect one. Most will tell you they have chunked many in the trash that doesnt cut it. Since you posted the soundfiles and asked for honesty , I will give it to you. In my opinion they sounded bad. Everyone has to start somewhere and as with anything , the more you do it , the better you will get. If he hangs in there and keeps experimenting , he will get better. Just giving honest feedback. Good luck and keep at it.
I just have to agree with this post.. I will say, of the 3 .. copper was little better , but would i taken them hunting no... but i agree with the others keep trying ...just honest opinion..