OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couldn't be happier

Started by callmakerman, January 26, 2020, 07:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

What a great day when you find a call that not only is one of your favorite yelpers but also one made by a friend. I thought I had lost this call well over a year ago. I looked every where or at least I thought. Gary even sent me another to replace it but man I missed this yelper. Today while in or bedroom closet looking for another call I grabbed a Marlin Watkins box call sleeve and noticed there was no box in it but also noticed there was something else in there. I turned the sleeve upside down and out came my lost cane yelper. I couldn't believe it. The only thing I can figure is either after a hunt or season's end I slid the yelper in there to carry into the house and totally forgot about it. Could not be any happier to have this call back even while it really was never gone so to speak. Call is made by Gary Bunofski and it's a damn good one.

MDTOM84

Sixes

It's always great to find something you thought was lost!

But, now you have a backup

gergg

That's awesome, I found a "lost" Snakewood striker recently, good feeling for sure.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Sir-diealot

Glad you found a long lost friend. I am still hoping the striker will turn up for the first scratch box I ever bought, guy is out of business so not hope of getting a replacement.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

callmakerman

Quote from: gergg on January 26, 2020, 08:51:07 PM
That's awesome, I found a "lost" Snakewood striker recently, good feeling for sure.
Yes it is  Glad you found your striker.

callmakerman

Quote from: Sir-diealot on January 26, 2020, 08:52:53 PM
Glad you found a long lost friend. I am still hoping the striker will turn up for the first scratch box I ever bought, guy is out of business so not hope of getting a replacement.
Thank you and hope you find your striker.

Brantleyville

Nice find Bill. Looks like you found an old friend and will have two Christmases in 2020.

callmakerman

With the bad luck the wife and I have had most of last year it's nice to start out this year on a real good note.

Harty

Glad it turned up and that this year is going better. I can imagine how elated you were!!

bear hunter

SS Calls

Awesome Bill! Glad you found it! :turkey2:

Greg Massey

Awesome , i hate loosing stuff, especially turkey calls .. misplacing them is a lot better ... glad you found it...

1iagobblergetter

Glad you found it.  :icon_thumright: I thought I was the only one that did things like that..