OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning Maxus Setup  (Read 4164 times)

Offline rjames_47

Browning Maxus Setup
« on: January 27, 2020, 11:45:21 AM »
I’m just looking for a little help with a choke / load setup. I’m open for any choke but I’m wanting to shoot the Federal 3rd degree. I use to have a Indian Creek and I’m kicking myself for selling it. Anyone with any experience with the 3rd degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DrJaJa

Re: Browning Maxus Setup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 12:36:46 PM »
Can’t comment on your load choice, but I’m shooting a Maxus with a long beard XR load (3” in 6 shot) and long beard XR choke combo.  Great patterns at 25/35 yards.

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 12:39:45 PM »
Try a Browning full strut choke it’s .640. I’ve had very good patterns with 3” 3rd degree out of it.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »
I was very skeptical of the load. Thought it was strictly marketing. Jroddc’s gun couldn’t throw a more perfect pattern imo just the way he described.  Pretty awesome

Online Bedge7767

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 07:02:04 PM »
I have a Maxus and shoot a Sumtoy and TSS. Been pleased with it.
Jim

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 08:14:47 PM »
I was very skeptical of the load. Thought it was strictly marketing. Jroddc’s gun couldn’t throw a more perfect pattern imo just the way he described.  Pretty awesome

I agree with my friends here. I have the Full Strut .640 in my Browning Cynergy, I get great results with the 3rd degree. I also have a Rob Roberts .660 in the other barrel of the Cynergy. Throws 3rd degree real well, and it likes Fed Heavyweight #6. Good luck......
“Solo hunter”