OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Killer B's 2020 check-in thread  (Read 2933 times)

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
Killer B's 2020 check-in thread
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:44:14 PM »
What the heck !!!   Let's get this thing started !!!   

May as well introduce/re-introduce ourselves and put a little info about ourselves and our 2020 hunting plans out there.

I'm Don.  I call west-central PA home.   I'm 53 years old and this will be my 41st spring spent chasing gobblers.  I'll only be hunting PA this spring.   Youth day, I'll be attempting to help my best turkey huntin buddy (my 15 year old daughter) make it 5 for 5 on spring birds.   After that, I have our first week (starts May 2nd, I think) off to hunt, so........

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline RossAnderson

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Killer B's 2020 check-in thread
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »
Good to hear from you again Don. And Zach (zsully) i’d also like to personally thank you for steppin up to be the team captain again this year. I think you did a jam up job last year. For those that’s new to the team, I’m Ross. I live over in East TN until turkey season hits, then I’ll be livin where ever until the season ends. I’m 25 and this’ll be be my 11th year turkey huntin. I’ll be huntin FL, GA, TN and NC this year. This will be by first year huntin FL so I’m excited to see how that’s gonna play out. It can’t get here fast enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross

Offline zsully

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 09:53:14 PM »
Good to hear from you gents again. For the rest, I’m Zach, just turned 34, and live in SW Pa. This year I’ll be hunting Pa and one of the new team members a_jabbo (Adam) and I are heading west for 10 days in Nebraska and Kansas. Should be a good year. Found two good winter flicks in the last two days so I’m already making a plan to get out and knock on some new doors and look for some new permissions. Looking forward to toting a couple calls from our other new teammate twyatt.

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 09:37:31 AM »
Hey guys, Travis here.  I'm 43, and live in central VA, about 30 minutes outside of Richmond.  Glad to be part of the team, it looks like you guys burned em up last year!
I'll be hunting VA, MD, and hopefully PA this year.

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 12:19:27 PM »
Welcome to the team, Adam and Travis! My name is Parker Durham, and I'm 25 years old from Northwest Mississippi. I'll be hunting Florida for the first time this year as well. I'll be going down to hunt the Big Cypress from opening day on March 7-the 12th or 13th. It will be a tasking hunt, but I sure am excited about it.

Mississippi opens March 14th, and I'll be hunting here throughout the season. I hope to make a long weekend trip with my dad to either Texas or Oklahoma in April, and around May 5th I plan on heading North to hunt Wyoming, South Dakota, and Montana. I hope to finish the season in Minnesota and Wisconsin, but the specifics will depend on my work situation this summer.

I cannot wait to get the ball rolling on this turkey season. This competition truly is awesome. It provides a way to meet good folks and celebrate our passion together. I can't wait to follow along with everyone's seasons and talk turkey with y'all!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:34:13 PM by Delmar ODonnell »

Offline Mossyguy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 09:49:09 AM »
Kevin from east central Mississippi. I’ll be hunting here at home for the most part, but may venture to a couple states depending on the schedule. Went to Kansas for the first time this past season and had a blast. I’m hoping I can hit Georgia, either Nebraska or Kansas, and maybe Oklahoma if I can narrow down a spot.

Offline a_jabbo

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 12:44:37 AM »
Hey Fellas, nice to meet you all. I'm Adam. 36 and I live in the SW part of PA. Been hunting turkey's since I was 12, and it's arguably my favorite time of the year. I'll of course be hunting the home state, but like Zach said, he and I will be spreading our wings to venture out west to NE and KS mid to late April. After following along with everyone's stories last season, I'm happy to be joining in this year to see if we can bring home the title. Looking forward to this season as well as reading everyone's success stories and the inevitable frustrating stories as well.

Offline Hoosier2

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »
Howdy y’all. My names billy, been turkey hunting for close to 20 years now. Hunt in Indiana and Kentucky. Turkey hunting has been my passion for a very long time. Fun fact I’m getting married this year (July, don’t worry we agreed no wedding during deer or turkey season). Looking forward to kicking ol toms  this year.

Offline zsully

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 11:45:02 AM »
Howdy y’all. My names billy, been turkey hunting for close to 20 years now. Hunt in Indiana and Kentucky. Turkey hunting has been my passion for a very long time. Fun fact I’m getting married this year (July, don’t worry we agreed no wedding during deer or turkey season). Looking forward to kicking ol toms  this year.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding sounds like you found yourself a winner. I won’t lie I did get married on the opening day of PA archery season back in 2011 (insert facepalm emoji). We did make sure that both kids were born in the summer though. So all in all I think I’d chalk that up to a win.

Offline KHNC

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 11:24:21 AM »
Hey guys, Name is Kenny. Was on the team last year too. Should be a good year. I have a couple of new spots in SC and NC to hunt. In between bass fishing of course! ;)

Offline xbowhuntonly

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 11:01:48 AM »
Hello everybody Xbowhuntonly was on the team last year will be hunting NC/Ohio again this year picked up a new 100 acre lease in Ohio and still got the 1500 acres in NC hope we have a great season like we did last year Good luck everyone and as always Be Safe out there

Offline POk3s

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
Hey guys,

Trent here. I’m hoping I’m not too late as I didn’t see the Pm until just now! It appears we still had a slot left, so hopefully I’m still on the invitation list. I need to give a few team members my phone number it seems ????

Anyway, whether I’m on the team or not I’ll post up! I’m one of the “Western guys”. I cut my teeth hunting Wyoming’s black hills. It’s a gorgeous place to turkey hunt and look forward to the trip every year. I now hunt most of the western states, and others when I have a chance! If I’m too late I’ll be routing you guys on from afar! I hope everyone has a great season!

Offline Delmar ODonnell

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 02:22:35 PM »
Hey guys,

Trent here. I’m hoping I’m not too late as I didn’t see the Pm until just now! It appears we still had a slot left, so hopefully I’m still on the invitation list. I need to give a few team members my phone number it seems ????

Anyway, whether I’m on the team or not I’ll post up! I’m one of the “Western guys”. I cut my teeth hunting Wyoming’s black hills. It’s a gorgeous place to turkey hunt and look forward to the trip every year. I now hunt most of the western states, and others when I have a chance! If I’m too late I’ll be routing you guys on from afar! I hope everyone has a great season!

Hey Pok! I was wondering where you were. Glad to have you back. You hunting the South Florida opener? I'll be hunting Big Cypress first seven days of the season. It's probably gonna kick my tail but should be a learning experience. Going to go down and scout the 29/1st so hopefully will have a better idea of what challenges I face.

Offline POk3s

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 02:34:44 PM »
No, I actually, reluctantly turned my tag back in :/ . I went over my decision for weeks and it came down to time off really. I’d have to take a week off and I have elk and deer trips planned. There’s only so much vacation and to use that vacation on a place where it would be a really tough hunt, it just didn’t seem like the “shot” I should take. When I draw a better tag I’ll be making the trip. I’m also not going to Iowa either. I had a buddy who was going to go with me but he bailed. Not that going along is any problem but I have other hunts around here I want to do, and beings as I have to buy their hunting licenses to apply for big game tags, it makes it a cheaper option. So I’ll stay west this year with maybe a Nebraska trip snuck  in, and head East next year.

It was -5 here at work yesterday and the day before that it dumped 6” of snow, so I haven’t quite been in the turkey mood yet! But I do have $550 in sportsmans warehouse gift cards burning a hole in my pocket so I started looking at a new shotgun, which made me interested in what was going on on the site!

Offline Brwndg

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 04:22:05 PM »
Tim here. Been chasing Spring gobblers since 1988. Finally killed my first one in 1996, but had a blast learning the ropes from an old timer, Bud Trenis, of Catlett, Va. I haven’t missed an opening day since 1988. I hunted three farms in Catlett exclusively until four years ago when we moved to Bluemont, VA and I got some new properties. 
Made the move to toting a 20 gauge two years ago and never looking back.
Still get back to Catlett, but majority of my season I spend chasing birds near Mt. Weather or in the valley below.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend