OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: A man I didn’t know  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
A man I didn’t know
« on: January 26, 2020, 02:30:15 AM »
Hunter 22 was a man I didn’t know but spoke to in pm a few times. He seemed a real good soul and I was thinking of him. He was an active member here and we should remember him and his memory as the season approaches. God bless him and his family.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Re: A man I didn’t know
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 05:19:09 AM »
 Nice post.  I also think of him often. He was a wealth of knowledge and a great guy to buy from. I have probably the last item or one of the last he sold..

Hobbes

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 09:06:33 AM »
I must not have been around when his passing was announced.  I never did get a chance to meet him personally, but we used to PM a few times a season about hunting in CO.  We both hunted the same WMA a couple times and he liked the mountain range that I hunted when I was a resident there.  We discussed the possibility of connecting in CO sometime but I was the one always running in too many directions.  I hate to hear of his passing.

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 09:16:19 AM »
God Bless him and all our turkey hunters in heaven ... prayers for all of the family members ...

Offline Gobbler2577

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
I think of him regularly.  I surely missed sitting with him at unicoi this year and listening to his tales.  Last year as we visited he told of his illness and his physical limitations at that point and time.  He finally smiled and said, "Larry, this cancer is going to kill me, but not today!"  He then got up and and made another trip through the showroom running calls and visiting.  It sure is easy for us to let small obstacles prevent us from busying ourselves with living.  Let's all be reminded that life is so very short and we need to be prepared to leave this Earth, but let's not stop living.  Mr. Rickey loved life and he made mine richer.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Offline packmule

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 10:22:47 AM »
Great post, shared a few memorable pm’s with Rickey, really good guy. So too were Pappy, Harold Fowler....

Offline tomstopper

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 11:14:38 AM »
Hunter 22 was a man I didn’t know but spoke to in pm a few times. He seemed a real good soul and I was thinking of him. He was an active member here and we should remember him and his memory as the season approaches. God bless him and his family.
Totally Agree

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 06:01:24 AM »
Great post, shared a few memorable pm’s with Rickey, really good guy. So too were Pappy, Harold Fowler....
Yes I should have mentioned them and others as well

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2020, 05:41:22 PM »
I think of him regularly.  I surely missed sitting with him at unicoi this year and listening to his tales.  Last year as we visited he told of his illness and his physical limitations at that point and time.  He finally smiled and said, "Larry, this cancer is going to kill me, but not today!"  He then got up and and made another trip through the showroom running calls and visiting.  It sure is easy for us to let small obstacles prevent us from busying ourselves with living.  Let's all be reminded that life is so very short and we need to be prepared to leave this Earth, but let's not stop living.  Mr. Rickey loved life and he made mine richer.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Great post Larry. I missed talking with him at unicoi this year as well.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2020, 07:25:18 PM »
  Loved reading his posts and seeing his collection, and he was a very helpful guy when I pmed him and asked questions a few times.