only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

david holloran

Started by yelpaholic, January 23, 2020, 09:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpaholic

if you had to pick one DH box call to use which one would it be

larry9988

Mac. Ebony over Walnut, I have two of them. They are the two best boxes I own.

2nd 100

I would say Macassar ebony over anything as Macassar is always a favorite( Voodoo wood ) of mine , but watching David kill em everywhere with the purple heart over cedar is going to make me tote mine this year !

chefrific

Toss up between his purple heart over cedar and mac ebony over walnut.  Both are great.  Wish I could get my hands on both of those prior to his laser engraving days.  Just don't care for laser engraving on a "custom" box.  To each his own. 
Turkeys certainly don't seem to mind. 

yelpaholic

Charlie 51

Purple Heart over cedar is outstanding.. but so are his others.. you will not go wrong with any of his box calls..his box call leather holder is awesome..

Buckman18

I have the mac ebony over walnut and am very pleased.  Wife ordered it with my name engraved for my birthday last year.

nyhunter

I gotta say my #1 favorite is Padauk over American Chestnut #2 is Walnut over butternut or Walnut over Ceder havent hunted the Walnut/Cedar yet boy does it sound good in the woods .

Greg Massey

I would have to go different route , I would have his IPE / black limba longbox , it gives me more diversity in my options of calling birds .... this is if i could only have ONE ....

Beards and Hooks

I have the ph/cedar and mac ebony/walnut they both sound great turkeys haven't heard em yet, so I can't wait.

doublespurs21

my Halloran long box,,maple and purpleheart , from years ago..

Sir-diealot

Just from listening to soundfiles and watching videos I would say Macassar Ebony over Walnut. I have never heard any of his calls in person though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Missouri hunter

Purple Heart and cedar is the most versatile box for me. It will make a wide range of calls. My favorite box for gobbler yelps but has a lot of hen to offer. I also have his walnut and butternut (2nd favorite) and the ebony and poplar.
Sterling Custom Calls, making handcrafted box and trough calls.

cphill

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 04, 2020, 07:57:45 PM
I would have to go different route , I would have his IPE / black limba longbox , it gives me more diversity in my options of calling birds .... this is if i could only have ONE ....
Bought one friday and after playing with it it's probably the best box I have ever played

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tyoung

Ipe/Black Limba long box is killer!!