OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Strata Camo?  (Read 2070 times)

YukonC

Strata Camo?
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:37:42 PM »
Well after all of the good word on OG it seems that the cabelas tac vest is the “bees knees”. As I went to buy I noticed it’s only available in the TrueTimber Strata.... I’m a Mossy Oak Obsession guy and literally everything I own is that pattern. What’s your thoughts on this camo and do you think they will release the vest in obsession??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SoDak_JD

Re: Strata Camo?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 11:13:22 PM »
I'm pretty sure that the TrueTimber Strata is the same as Cabela's o2 pattern.  It would make sense because, if I'm understanding correctly, TrueTimber is a Bass Pro brand.

I see o2 is marketed: "Any Species, Any terrain, Anytime."

I have the Cabela's packable rain gear and a warm, packable jacket in o2.  I have some gloves and a hat in strata.  I like it.

I have a Tat'r 2 vest that I'd trade with you for the Strata one but mine is Realtree not MO Obsession.

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 11:21:36 PM »
If the turkey notices the difference you should have done shot him.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 06:01:58 AM »
If the turkey notices the difference you should have done shot him.
:you_rock:
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline nyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 09:08:16 AM »
would look good leaned up against one of the moss covered boulders in the Appalachian mountains. 

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »
With you wearing camo underneath , i think it will be fine ..

Offline natman

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 01:40:30 PM »
I think Cabela's is right; that looks like an excellent one camo for every occasion pattern. OTOH, I think MO Obsession is the perfect spring turkey pattern. Where I hunt spring is a riot of green.

On the third hand, it won't make that much difference to the turkey if your vest doesn't match the rest.