OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Iowa Young Gun  (Read 1502 times)

Offline hunt_britto

Iowa Young Gun
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:03:32 PM »
Hello all! My name is, Hunter, ironically... I am a senior at Iowa State in Agricultural Business and have grown up hunting just about everything in SE Iowa, predominately turkey and waterfowl.  I remember when I was 10, taking my first jake and I have been hooked since. This year I am pursuing my personal #15, and hope to get some others out on hunts!  As I finish school I am hoping to be able to dedicate more time each spring to turkey hunting and hopefully a trip or two each season.  I look forward to getting to know you all better and be active on the forum!

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
Re: Iowa Young Gun
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 03:43:06 AM »
Welcome!

Fun to get others out, taking out buddies or newbies. I don't think IA has a "Learn to Hunt" Program but I will tell you from experience that mentoring youth hunters is awesome, watching them learning to hunt and eventually taking their own "first" bird is very rewarding in it self. Keep with it young man!

MK M GOBL

Offline hunt_britto

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 12:13:46 PM »
Welcome!

Fun to get others out, taking out buddies or newbies. I don't think IA has a "Learn to Hunt" Program but I will tell you from experience that mentoring youth hunters is awesome, watching them learning to hunt and eventually taking their own "first" bird is very rewarding in it self. Keep with it young man!

MK M GOBL

There is a one year thing people can get where they may hunt anything except deer or turkey as long as accompanied by a licensed hunter.  I have just urged friends to get their hunter safety online as I think turkey hunting is the easiest to get people hooked!

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »
Welcome

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
Nice to meet you Hunter, welcome to the forums.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Harty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 08:20:54 PM »
Welcome ! Always nice to hear of young men and women that are passionate about the sport of turkey hunting.