OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WI Driftless area hunter  (Read 1535 times)

Offline bigriverbum

WI Driftless area hunter
« on: January 21, 2020, 08:53:02 AM »
hi everyone.

been reading this site for a few months and would like to contribute. seems like a great resource with some great guys/gals posting

i live in the heart of the driftless area. real rugged terrain in crawford/vernon counties with lots of wooded hillsides and fields on top.  i like to run and gun. if i bring i decoy i put it behind me or to the side. never used anything but diaphragm calls but am looking to try some pot calls this year

my main passion is duck hunting the upper mississippi wildlife refuge(dabblers, but more recently divers-cans,redheads,bluebills,etc) and trout fishing. love tossing dry flies on ultra light glass rods for the browns and native brookies in our limestone streams. the perfect day is to bag a tom, find some morels and ramps, and catch some trout

been turkey hunting since i was 12 and drifted away from it during college. have had the bug to hit it hard the last 5 years or so and i only see it getting worse in the future

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: WI Driftless area hunter
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
Welcome, nothing finer than a trout on a dry fly

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 07:11:37 PM »
Hey bigriverbum welcome to the site!

I'm from SW WI too, live in Crawford Co. what town you from?

MK M GOBL

Offline bigriverbum

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »
Hey bigriverbum welcome to the site!

I'm from SW WI too, live in Crawford Co. what town you from?

MK M GOBL

i grew up in prairie du chien. after floating around the state for a decade i ended up in genoa 5 years ago

Offline Harty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 08:17:04 PM »
Welcome,

Beautiful country out that way. Have friends in Coon Valley. Deer hunt and fish out that way. I reside in SE Wi..