turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mother's Day Devotional ... 05 / 08 / 2011

Started by pappy, May 08, 2011, 10:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I miss my mother, the Lord called here home a while back, I miss her laughter and her guidance, I even miss the times she corrected me at the end of a strap. I am thankful for the time we had. I praise God every day for the mother of my children, my wife and soul mate, she instilled into our children common good and abundant love and still to this day all though our children are adults, knows how to hold them in her hands as well as in her heart.
I always go to Proverbs 31:10 - 31 when I want to be reminded of how wonderful the gift of motherhood is and how grateful we need to be for God empowering the woman with such an incredible amount of special love and courage to be a mother.
10: " Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies."
I invite you to sit back and think of all the things your mother has done for you over your life span, the tears she cried, the sleepless nights, the prayers, the nuturing and add all these things and countless more together and try to place a value on them. You simply cannot, why in the world would any woman be willing to face such a life is beyond me...it has to be pure love...20: " She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy." Always thinking of others first, my mother forfeited much for us kids, gave up pursuing a higher education, her dream was to be the first in her family to go to college, but instead she stressed this dream onto us...her "poor and needy".
26: " she openeth her mouth with wisdom and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Mothers are born with eyes in the back of their heads, they see all and know all, they are the law, no doubt about it, but when it comes down to the bare knuckle truth it is the law based on pure love for her children that rules her heart and mind. I think sometimes my mother had to laugh, after correcting us, as she saw the humor of growing up (10 times over) in each of us, it was amazing that this tiny woman of 5' could carry such authority, speaking the law one moment and proving her love for us the next.
31: " Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates." I didn't get to tell my mother good bye for the last time, when she died I was being operated on with my second heart surgery, I have said my goodbyes countless times in my prayers, I still get the urge to call her or sit down and write a letter, and it has been 12 years, there is something so deep and so special about a mother's love and the bond between her children and her, that time has no effect on it.
I would offer you a suggestion, if your mother is still living ... surprise her and call her...visit her...and show her your praise by returning a smidgeon of the love she has giving you over the years. Cherish the time you have together, mend old wounds, start af resh if you have to, but of all the things you have on this world you only have one mother, let her know that her efforts were not fruitless, recognize the blessedness in her and say thank you mom.....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mmims

BowBendr

Amen X2
Great post Pappy, Dad took us hunting and I love him for it but I would be nothing today if it weren't for my mother.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

turkey slayer