turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M2 20 Gauge Performance Shop - Poor Mans Knock Off

Started by va longbeard, January 20, 2020, 11:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elmerfudd

Nice rig! I just did almost the same thing. Bought a 20g M2 in the optifade timber and tungsten cerakote finish just to be different as the price was excellent and it came with the oversized bolt release and charging handle similar to custom shop. Was going to do a trigger spring job but this ones maybe the best factory trigger I've seen in awhile. Ordered mount and choke from Sumtoy last week and have a Holosun507c red dot waiting for the sumtoy package. Same tricks, better optics, looks cool and saved over 1000 on the custom shop gun. With money saved will have my all black SBE dipped and cerakoted to spruce it up a bit and still be able to afford all the TSS I will need for patterning. That custom shop gun is nice but not a grand premium nice. The FF2 is a decent red dot. Used one for years. The FF3 is a step up and I like it fine. The Holosun would appear to be yet another leap ahead. Will see shortly.

va longbeard

Finally got a chance to give the gun a good shooting secession yesterday.

1 5/8 oz Nitro TSS 9s.

Indian Creek 562.

Laser ranged 41 yards.

326 in 10".

huntinsomd

Not only is she pretty, but she's going to be a killer with patterns like that!

SOCOM304

Awesome rig ya have. I love my M2!! Mine is factory finished in Realtree APG, but would love to refinish it something like yours. It's definitely one of my favorite guns.

DBuck90

That's awesome man I am fixing to send my Benelli M2 to them did you also have them drill and tap it ?

va longbeard

Quote from: DBuck90 on March 26, 2020, 01:24:13 AM
That's awesome man I am fixing to send my Benelli M2 to them did you also have them drill and tap it ?

Yes they drilled and tapped the gun installing the Sumtoy base before doing the cerakote.

Tad is one of the best in the dipping and cerakote business don't think you will be disappointed.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Turned out spectacular. Like the midnight bronze!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

DBuck90

Quote from: va longbeard on March 23, 2020, 09:01:38 AM

1 5/8 oz Nitro TSS 9s.

Indian Creek 562.

Laser ranged 41 yards.

326 in 10".
did you try the blend they make or just ordered the strait #9 I called them the other day since I do not live but an hour from mountain grove and asked if I could order a mixed box with some strait #9 and the blended shells for pattern testing but they wouldn't do it

DaMitch

Great Looking Gun and the patterns are awesome.  Well Done
DaMitch

va longbeard

Quote from: DBuck90 on April 14, 2020, 02:03:28 AM
Quote from: va longbeard on March 23, 2020, 09:01:38 AM

1 5/8 oz Nitro TSS 9s.

Indian Creek 562.

Laser ranged 41 yards.

326 in 10".
did you try the blend they make or just ordered the strait #9 I called them the other day since I do not live but an hour from mountain grove and asked if I could order a mixed box with some strait #9 and the blended shells for pattern testing but they wouldn't do it

I ordered straight 9s instead of standard blend 9s have more than enough energy to a crazy amount of yardage I can't mention here????

Jdw2920

Did you have to have the gun taped and drilled? I found a m2 already dipped definitely as good as a price as yours. How ouch was dip and cerakote?

va longbeard

Quote from: Jdw2920 on April 15, 2020, 04:20:11 PM
Did you have to have the gun taped and drilled? I found a m2 already dipped definitely as good as a price as yours. How ouch was dip and cerakote?

Yes I had it drilled and tapped the compact is not drilled and tapped from the factory.

Dip and cerakote was 325. 

Tad does one heck of a job looks better than any factory dipped and cerakote gun I have seen.

Jdw2920

Just read what I had posted I meant definitely not as good as a price that you found. I found one dipper and cerakoted for 1525

Brian Fahs

Quote from: va longbeard on January 20, 2020, 11:55:49 AM
Just got my M2 20 gauge 24 inch compact stock dipped in mossy oak bottomland and the metal cerakoted in midnight bronze (performance shop gun is burnt bronze I went with midnight bronze its a little more matte and darker) and Carolina Graphic Enterprises just sent me the pic of the finished gun.

Its a poor mans version of the performance shop edition M2 20 gauge.

It has a Sumtoy mount which I am installing a Vortex Vennom 3 moa on.

Chokes I currently have are a Indian Creek 562 and Rob Roberts 570.
I have a benelli m2 that's all black. I am interested in getting mine dipped and cerakote. I would like to see some pictures of your gun in the field or outdoors in natural lighting. Trying to see the color of the cerakote. Thanks in advance.
Trigger work from Jeff at C Rums and loading gate work to reduce pinching when loading soon as I get it back.

I will have around 1700 in the gun when it is all said and done.

Got a great price on the gun from Dunns $1020 shipped free.

Can't wait to pattern it.