OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best John Sinclair Waterproof Striker  (Read 2062 times)

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Best John Sinclair Waterproof Striker
« on: January 19, 2020, 06:44:54 PM »
My GF is getting me a pot call from John Sinclair for my late CHRISTmas and birthday gift and I was looking at his strikers and he has several waterproof versions, what do you think would be the best one? I have all kinds of different surfaces so please feel free to suggest by striking surface or overall. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Best John Sinclair Waterproof Striker
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 08:46:12 PM »
Does he make a waterproof striker?
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline Loyalist84

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
I have his green one, and I find it produces great tone, but is a bit finicky to run - likes to be held in exactly the right angle - that said it probably wouldn't be a problem for a more experienced caller and I'm getting the hang of it the more I run it.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 09:46:38 PM »
Does he make a waterproof striker?
More than one, that is why I was hoping to get opinions on them. Here is a link to his striker page. https://www.johnsinclaircustomcalls.com/strikers.html

I have his green one, and I find it produces great tone, but is a bit finicky to run - likes to be held in exactly the right angle - that said it probably wouldn't be a problem for a more experienced caller and I'm getting the hang of it the more I run it.
Thank you. I am not seeing a green one on his site right now, could be he has not updated his sight yet for the year so it is not showing ot maybe his discontinued it?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Offline JLH

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 10:21:26 PM »
The green one is the best waterproof striker I've  seen...its actually a great all around striker!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 11:10:17 PM »
The green one is the best waterproof striker I've  seen...its actually a great all around striker!
I will have to ask him about it the next time he and I talk on the phone, as I said above right now it is not showing on his site. Thanks for backing up what Loyalist84 said.

John Koenig:

Online Terry

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
Here it is

https://www.johnsinclaircustomcalls.com/store/p320/2-Piece_All_Weather_Striker_WATERPROOF.html

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »
Here it is

https://www.johnsinclaircustomcalls.com/store/p320/2-Piece_All_Weather_Striker_WATERPROOF.html

That's it ....thanks for sharing ...

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 06:13:21 PM »
Here it is

Thank you very much.

John Koenig:

Offline Dtrkyman

• Double Beard
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 06:55:20 PM »
Not sure about the strikers but he makes a hell of a call!

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 08:06:41 PM »
Lol. Thanks a lot guys!
I purchased 1 of his call on this forum last year and it came with 2 strikers: 1 was the green 1 ya’ll are talking about. I could not get it to play on anything, I was really baffled at how bad the striker was or how bad I was.
I just tried it on a call after I wet the top a little and it sounds amazing. It is crazy that it will not play at all on a dry call but will sing on a wet one.

This info is much appreciated.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2020, 08:16:19 PM »
Not sure about the strikers but he makes a hell of a call!
That he does, I have a Mexican Bocote wood pot & Titanium Surface pot that I picked up here 2 years ago and it is VERY loud and sounds good as well. I just won't play it in the blind anymore, it will about make you deaf.

Lol. Thanks a lot guys!
I purchased 1 of his call on this forum last year and it came with 2 strikers: 1 was the green 1 ya’ll are talking about. I could not get it to play on anything, I was really baffled at how bad the striker was or how bad I was.
I just tried it on a call after I wet the top a little and it sounds amazing. It is crazy that it will not play at all on a dry call but will sing on a wet one.

This info is much appreciated.
Well glad my little post could be of assistance.

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2020, 09:07:04 PM »
You just need some ear plugs while running those calls in the blind and that way you want go deaf ...

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2020, 09:20:31 PM »
You just need some ear plugs while running those calls in the blind and that way you want go deaf ...
I won't hear the turkeys either! I hold it just outside the port window and play it now.

John Koenig:

Online Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2020, 09:26:25 PM »
I won't hear the turkeys either! I hold it just outside the port window and play it now.
   Hey look at the good side of it , you want have to hear yourself play either ... win win ....