OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Looking for a new crystal pot

Started by gatrkyhntr70, January 19, 2020, 02:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Interested in a crystal pot, had a holloran mistress years ago that was a killer, had several since that just weren't the same. I have a stoned aluminum that's ok. I haven't been staying up with the call makers much, looking for suggestions for a new pot. Thanks

FYI, I'm not interested in buying any used pot calls.

<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

TNBIRD

Brad Roberts makes one of the best crystals going!

BTH

Have run several really good crystal calls in the past 3 years. Lots of good call makers here on the board that should be considered and not overlooked.

One of my favorites with more kills than any other pot I have is a Twisted Sister.

Oak Ridge - Jimmy Schaffer is one of the more well known call makers. One of my favorites is his Mad Hen 1. The one that is crystal over glass with the glass wrapped in copper vinyl. Could kick myself for letting it go last spring.

Just ordered one of these. Here is a Blue Mahoe crystal over glass by Jimmy. (facebook link)
https://www.facebook.com/jimmy.schaffer.3/videos/2834944273232056/

Phil 4:13

HookedonHooks

Quote from: BTH on January 19, 2020, 02:32:00 PM
Have run several really good crystal calls in the past years. Lots of good call makers here on the board that should be considered and not overlooked.

Oak Ridge - Jimmy Schaffer is one of the more well known call makers. One of my favorites is his Mad Hen 1. The one that is crystal over glass with the glass wrapped in copy vinyl .

Could kick myself for letting it go last spring.
Jimmy is the crystal king if you ask me.

WV Ridge Reaper

If your not gonna run a crystal mistress

Then I'd look at Nathan Taylor Higher Calling or Jimmy Schaffer's Mad Hen 1 & 2

Here is a walnut Nathan done for me last summer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Dooley

I would get another crystal mistress. Hard to improve on that call.

SoIncallcollector

Crystal Mistress or get ahold of sadler mcgraw. The crystal I have from him is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Charlie 51

Look up black stone custom calls on Facebook. He's making an awesome crystal..I've got one ordered..he has a video of this call. Very impressed

SoIncallcollector

Quote from: Charlie 51 on January 19, 2020, 03:22:18 PM
Look up black stone custom calls on Facebook. He's making an awesome crystal..I've got one ordered..he has a video of this call. Very impressed
Yea dustin makes some awesome calls. His green slate is crazy good. I might have to order one of those crystals myself.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tom Dooley

I also have a Blackstone crystal that I would recommend and one of his new crystal's ordered

Charlie 51

Forgot to mention I also have a green slate in walnut coming.. may order his double glass..if anyone has any of his calls.. let me know some of his calls and how they sound

Charlie 51

Dave tyrel makes a crystal.. I have one. He's in Missouri..I have his number. 715-559-6363.. he also makes an awesome box

PEte_A

I've picked up Dustin's walnut crystal at the recommendation of Hunter22.... it's a smoker!

outdoors

John Sinclair makes a really nice one
Crystal / aluminum
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Turkeytider

Quote from: gatrkyhntr70 on January 19, 2020, 02:04:13 PM
Interested in a crystal pot, had a holloran mistress years ago that was a killer, had several since that just weren't the same. I have a stoned aluminum that's ok. I haven't been staying up with the call makers much, looking for suggestions for a new pot. Thanks

FYI, I'm not interested in buying any used pot calls.

You make it sound like you no longer have your crystal mistress. Get another, IMO.