OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Hunting Show suggestions  (Read 1878 times)

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
Re: Turkey Hunting Show suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 08:54:17 AM »
The Hunting Public is the best I've seen in a long time.

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 11:01:44 AM »
In particular order, my favorites are:

Pinhoti Project
The Hunting Public
Calling All Turkeys (Callie Chronicles is really good, too...deer/deer tracking)
Claycomb
Catman Outdoors

I watch some others from time to time, but I watch every episode of the ones listed here...many times more than once. I especially like Dave's reworked videos on Pinhoti where they break down reasoning behind what they are doing.

Offline MDbowman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2020, 11:55:02 AM »
I like

Pinhoti
The Bayside Legion
Hunting Public
Catman

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2020, 09:42:59 PM »
I watch all thee above and thank all of them for going through the pain of giving this to us for free,
another I didn't see listed was Spring Thunder which is ok too!Love all the above!!

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2020, 11:18:31 PM »
I forgot about Real Outdoors TV. Matt Wettish puts on a good show.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2020, 11:19:26 PM »
I watch all thee above and thank all of them for going through the pain of giving this to us for free,
another I didn't see listed was Spring Thunder which is ok too!Love all the above!!

Spring Thunder is another one that can be tough to watch sometimes but at least you get to hear birds gobble.

Hobbes

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2020, 01:07:41 AM »
There is a lot of stuff out there that I can watch a little of, but not many that I can watch a lot of. 

I'm the same as most:

Pinhoti
The Hunting Public
Calling All Turkeys
A few other random shows

I've not watched Dave's breakdown stuff, just the hunts.
I have to skip some of the THP stuff.  I'm all for having fun, but don't do the slapstick stuff very well. That's the whole reason I gave up on the later Primos videos.....too much stupid.
I've not watched Shane's dog trailing stuff.  Probably good for those folks that are into it.

While it works in the YouTubers favor dollarwise, the natural progression of most shows seems to be a goal of increasing followers to increase revenue, requiring an increase in content.  There's only so much time to hunt so some eventually start breaking one show into two, showing way to much downtime, talking more about sponsor products, showing everything from mowing their lawn to cheerleading with their kids.....it goes on and on until I start skipping through to only hunting content or skipping all together.......but maybe that's just me.   I suppose everyone needs to make some cash to keep hunting.  As I said, it's a natural progression.

I don't fault them for it.  I'd like to pay for hunting by hunting, but I chose my path a long time ago.  Hopefully some of those that I like stay within reason. 

Offline misfire

• Double Beard
    • Misfire Game Calls, custom duck and turkey calls
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2020, 08:06:39 AM »
Northwest Spur Chasers is pretty good, especially if you like Merriams
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Hobbes

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2020, 09:35:09 AM »
I'd never seen NW Spurchasers before, thanks for the heads-up.  You don't find too many folks with a passion for turkeys out here.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2020, 10:42:57 AM »
I'd never seen NW Spurchasers before, thanks for the heads-up.  You don't find too many folks with a passion for turkeys out here.

Ditto.  As for the show choices, I choose mine based on the way they hunt.  If they are HUNTING turkeys, I watch them,....if they are just SHOOTING turkeys or otherwise just using turkeys for target practice, I don't.