OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Interesting read on .410s

Started by Bowguy, January 17, 2020, 02:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Hey guys another forum I'm on had a fellow post this. It's something lots of guys could consider. I've always said a .410 is an expert gun and some of the points here are very valid. It might help some folks, at least give them things to think about when figuring a gauge for kids. I understand shooting a turkey n wing shooting are two dif things but in the grand scheme of a child's shooting career it's more info for ya

http://www.rabbitdogs.net/threads/the-410-shotgun-everything-you-need-to-know-about-hunting-and-shooting-with-this-sub-gauge.54057/

dirt road ninja

I agree with premise of the post and I also agree it does not pertain to turkeys.

Bowguy

He does mention turkey w tss in there. Pretty decent write up

Spitten and drummen

A 410 with TSS is deadly on turkeys for sure.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Greg Massey

I started hunting with 410 with my dad and brother, just having something other than a B B gun was amazing. I sometimes got to shoot the single shot 22 at can's or whatever in the back yard. I've always like the 410 and own several. One of the best all around guns in my opinion was 16 gauge. I still have old Remington 870 16 ga. The 410 with TSS is pretty bad on a turkey head because that head is what your shooting at anyway. Good read about the 410........thanks for sharing...

Magdump

So long as the state I am hunting in allows it, a tiny .410 and TSS are all I ever use.   

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Magdump on January 17, 2020, 09:25:33 AM
So long as the state I am hunting in allows it, a tiny .410 and TSS are all I ever use.

Bet its tough on buzzards too.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Magdump

Greg Massey

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on January 17, 2020, 09:30:25 AM
Quote from: Magdump on January 17, 2020, 09:25:33 AM

Bet its tough on buzzards too.
X2 smelly ones at that... :TooFunny:

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Dtrkyman

I'm no expert but killed a boat load of doves and pheasants with the .410!

dublelung

Cool read! I got my grandmother's 1936 Winchester Model 42 .410 handed down to me last year. It is in excellent condition and according to my grandfather before he passed away, the gun had only had a couple boxes of shells shot through it while they squirrel hunted. I'm going to try to get a gobbler with the gun this spring just do say I did it with her gun.

Bowguy

Quote from: dublelung on January 22, 2020, 10:10:53 AM
Cool read! I got my grandmother's 1936 Winchester Model 42 .410 handed down to me last year. It is in excellent condition and according to my grandfather before he passed away, the gun had only had a couple boxes of shells shot through it while they squirrel hunted. I'm going to try to get a gobbler with the gun this spring just do say I did it with her gun.
Very cool idea