OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red dot/reflex holding zero question.

Started by Heldo, January 16, 2020, 10:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heldo

I only have 1 gun. Can I mount/zero a red dot on a rail. Then remove it for shooting clays/bird hunting. Then put it back on the rail and expect it to be zero'ed good enough to turkey hunt without going to the range and burning expensive ammo to zero it again? 

davisd9

Not sure but you can check it with cheap ammo that is the same velocity and fine tune with your hunting shell if it did move.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

Theoretical yes you can, assuming quality picatinny rail and mount using a torque driver. My question would be why risk it? Once your doped in with it and ready to hunt fire a few dove loads at 30 and make note of poi. Once you remove and reinstall shoot the same dove loads and if they are on so should be the turkey loads.

Gobble!

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 16, 2020, 09:24:34 PM
Theoretical yes you can, assuming quality picatinny rail and mount using a torque driver. My question would be why risk it? Once your doped in with it and ready to hunt fire a few dove loads at 30 and make note of poi. Once you remove and reinstall shoot the same dove loads and if they are on so should be the turkey loads.

X2. A risk I wouldn't take.