OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hally Caller  (Read 3765 times)

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
Hally Caller
« on: January 15, 2020, 03:25:50 PM »
I just received a Hally Caller push pin. I was wondering how old is at and has anyone ever used one? Also it is operated with a rubber band instead of a spring and it was old enough the rubber band had fallen apart in the package. What size rubber band does it need to be replaced with?

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
Re: Hally Caller
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:38:48 PM »
The only calls I’ve ever heard called Hally callers were made by Joe Hall I believe. Used to know a guy that repped for him. I’ve never used or even knew he made turkey calls. Wonder if it’s same maker. His grunt tubes were awesome. Killed me when it finally died. Lots of bucks fell to that tube.
If I’m remembering correctly I believe he was active in the 90s. Earlyish 90s I believe

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 06:52:24 PM »
The only calls I’ve ever heard called Hally callers were made by Joe Hall I believe. Used to know a guy that repped for him. I’ve never used or even knew he made turkey calls. Wonder if it’s same maker. His grunt tubes were awesome. Killed me when it finally died. Lots of bucks fell to that tube.
If I’m remembering correctly I believe he was active in the 90s. Earlyish 90s I believe
That is correct, just looked it up in Denka's Call Collectors Guide. There was a box Limited edition and the push pin made by him. Company was Called Hally Caller Wildlife Calls
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 07:24:13 PM by Sir-diealot »
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 07:22:43 PM »
That's it. It says Joe Halls shooting products on one side. It was in original packaging and it was so old the rubber band that works the call was so brittle it breaks like a tooth pick. Haven't found a rubber ban I like the sound of much yet but just got it this afternoon. Appreciate the reply's.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 05:00:49 PM »
Yep, Hally Callers were made by Joe Hall. He made a ton of those simple push pins. I always thought they sounded really good. Make sure you chalk the bottom of the calling surface.

Offline mikejd

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 08:37:07 PM »
I have a bunch of Hally callers. They used to be a Pennsilvania based company if I remember correctly.
They made some nice stuff.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 08:44:51 PM »
I just received a Hally Caller push pin. I was wondering how old is at and has anyone ever used one? Also it is operated with a rubber band instead of a spring and it was old enough the rubber band had fallen apart in the package. What size rubber band does it need to be replaced with?

The Hally Caller push button takes a #19 rubber band.

Your call could be from the late 80's through the early 2000's.  That's when Joe sold the company to a fellow from NY.  Wasn't long until he sold it...…….. IIRC, to Southland...…...and the new owners let the Hally Caller brand die.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »
Thanks for the info Yoder.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »
Quite welcome !!!

I've known Joe for over 20 years.  He is an incredible turkey hunter, a master call builder and an OUTSTANDING human being.   I am honored to call him a friend and occasionally share camp with him.   Was on his Pro-Staff for about 12 years.   There's been a WHOLE LOT of Hally Caller calls through my hands in that time.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline tnanh

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 08:39:19 PM »
Yoder409. I got a bag of #19 rubber bands today and put one on the Hally Caller. It was the ticket. Sounds good and I can make a pretty good tree call/wake up call with it. Thanks.

Offline Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 09:25:09 PM »
Not just a biased opinion because of my history with Hally Caller...……… Joe's push button is one of, if not THE best sounding production push buttons ever made.

You have a killer call in your possession !!! 

Best of luck this spring !!!
PA elitist since 1979