OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TURKEY FANNING & REAPING, NOT LEGAL IN ALL STATES

Started by mookyj, January 13, 2020, 01:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aholdren

My personal opinion is if you want to Kill a bearded bird at all costs, then try it only if you know your property and the people allowed to hunt it.  It makes for exciting video opportunities and a out of normal approach to kill your bird.....  TO EACH HIS OWN..... BE SAFE AND FULLY AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS.....

Turkeyman

I'm no "reaper" nor "deeker", although I have used a deek a couple times in many years of turkey hunting. I don't condemn anyone who does either if it floats your boat, but it's not for me. My reason for this reply is the safety issue posted by others. To my knowledge, nobody has been shot yet reaping...perhaps, but not that I know of. This may be like carrying a turkey over your shoulder walking out of the woods. Many years ago we were told to never do that for safety reasons...again, to my knowledge, nobody has ever been shot doing that.

One thing...if a hunter ever does get shot reaping don't even think about pressing charges. I think a lawyer just graduated from law school could get the shooter off.