OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Nebraska Hunt Info  (Read 2808 times)

Offline Iaguntrader

Nebraska Hunt Info
« on: January 13, 2020, 06:41:50 AM »
I’m not sure this is the correct area as I’m not really looking to swap a hunt, just swap information. I want to take my son west for a turkey hunt in May. He graduates from college on the 8th of May and I thought we would head to Nebraska after his graduation. We will have roughly a week to hunt. I believe the Pine Ridge area is the popular area to go, and I’ve spent some time researching the area. Any suggestions or ideas for a public land hunt in NW Nebraska would be appreciated. I also considered western Kansas.

We plan to tent camp, so good campground information would also be appreciated.

I’d gladly swap information on the 6000 acres of public ground we hunt in southern Iowa for both turkey or deer, if anyone is interested.

Offline TJennings573

Re: Nebraska Hunt Info
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 05:45:27 AM »
PM sent

Offline Alex T.

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »
Call the game and parks and the game warden in the area, they can give you plenty of info on what you’re looking for. Don’t overlook other areas of the state unless you’re strictly after white tipped birds.

Offline kellyguinn

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »
I am looking at making a solo trip up there about the same time. My son went off to the Navy and will be in A school for the next year or so.

Offline Alex T.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 09:27:57 PM »
Be ready to walk hilly terrain

Offline Struttntom

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 06:03:16 AM »
Pm sent