OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Only 1 striker  (Read 7377 times)

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Only 1 striker
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2020, 11:14:01 AM »
I think Mr. Harold`s strikers may well achieve legendary status. By the way, that remark`s in no way intended to denigrate any of the other great striker craftsmen. Just a statement of opinion.

To me they are the best.  There are other good strikers out there but Mr. Harold was the top of the mountain for me.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

NeverRoosting

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
without a doubt corder green camo dymondwood

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2020, 11:37:12 AM »
without a doubt corder green camo dymondwood

That is a great striker!

Offline bobk

• In Memorial
  • Longbeard
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2020, 04:01:45 PM »
I could not pick a single best striker as there are many excellent ones. I recently picked up a JLH heavy hickory and sucupira which are both as good as they come..

Offline rbreedi1

• Thunder Ridge Totes
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2020, 09:52:54 AM »
Clay Townsend Snakewood/Blue Mahoe top
Thunder Ridge Totes

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2020, 04:40:41 PM »
Hmmmm,

Toss up between a Lyman Hickory or a Black Locust 2 pc I made.
Phil 4:13

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2020, 05:48:29 PM »
I think Mr. Harold`s strikers may well achieve legendary status. By the way, that remark`s in no way intended to denigrate any of the other great striker craftsmen. Just a statement of opinion.

To me they are the best.  There are other good strikers out there but Mr. Harold was the top of the mountain for me.

Have to wonder what an original Fowler will go for in 5 years or so. That`s IF you can ever find one for sale.

Offline Tom Talker

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2020, 11:39:44 AM »

Have to wonder what an original Fowler will go for in 5 years or so. That`s IF you can ever find one for sale.
I don't know but i have 45-50 of them. Harold was a great man and friend.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »

No clue. I have a small collection of them but my boys will be able to go through them and decide what they like before I do anything else with most of them.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »

No clue. I have a small collection of them but my boys will be able to go through them and decide what they like before I do anything else with most of them.

I was lucky enough to pick up a tulipwood, snakewood and black locust at Unicoi. I always had intentions of calling Mr. Fowler and ordering some. I regret I never did. My son will get my 3 when I’m gone. I have to say I like the way the tulipwood runs on my slate.

Offline model94

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2020, 10:05:11 PM »
Fowler one Piece Dymond Wood. His one piece Tulipwood is a close 2nd.

Offline John Sinclair CustomCalls

• www.JohnSinclairCustomCalls.com
    • John Sinclair Custom Calls
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2020, 10:36:49 PM »
I would have to pick snakewood