OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: ten ga. lead ammo available?  (Read 2524 times)

Offline hotspur

ten ga. lead ammo available?
« on: January 08, 2020, 03:44:37 PM »
I have a buddy wanting to hunt with ten ga. Looking for lead ammo, he is looking for 25 round boxes, #6 , #5, or #4 . Anything available,

Offline jrmcclure

Re: ten ga. lead ammo available?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:38:01 PM »
No lead in 25 round box's for the 10 I'v ever seen. Most turkey loads are ten round boxes with most of the good stuff coming in 5 round boxes. Magnum blends, tss #8's or 9's, or federal heavyweight 7's seem to be the top 3 choices. Winchester super X's are a cheaper alternative.

Offline randywallace

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 01:29:26 PM »
Nitro sells boxes of 25 in copper plated lead for 10 gauge, but you talking about $140 to $150 a box plus shipping.

I have never seen any field loads for a 10 gauge in a 25 box like you see for other gauge shotguns.

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 02:34:00 PM »
Locally the only lead ammo I've seen are the Winchester super x in 5 shot and Remington in 4 shot. It is the only 10 gauge turkey ammo on the shelf here. Used to see Federal and Hevi shot, but haven't seen that since before the ammo shortage. If you can get some of the Winchester 5's they should work ok with a good choke, they seemed to pattern better than the Remington's, out of my gun anyways.Was hoping to try out the Federal grand slams, but i haven't seen those on a shelf in a long time.