turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg Maverick

Started by rbreedi1, December 12, 2019, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Anyone hunt a Mossberg Maverick 20 Gauge youth? Thought about picking one up and running some TSS through it.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Turkeyfever

This was the first 20 gauge I ever experienced turkey hunting with. I picked it up at academy for my son,  I started shooting it and that is how my 20 gauge addiction began! Yes it will flat out shoot and is a cheaper alternative to the 500 everything is interchangeable (barrels, tubes)  as I have both the safety is in a different spot on the Maverick.  I ended up taking 3 birds with this one and my son took his first. I put some beard buster sights on it and actually shot the federal copper plated #6 and Federal hv #7 as this was several years ago. The gun patterns great. I now have other dedicated 20 gauge turkey guns so this one has a slug barrel on it for my son to do shotgun only deer hunts with. I shot the tru glo ssx out of it but my son killed his with the modified choke that came in it as I wanted a more forgiving pattern. I found the Carlson 575 turkey a few years ago and that's what I would try if I was you it shoots the #9 TSS great out of that gun. Good luck!