OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Michigan Turkey Hunting  (Read 710 times)

Offline gobblersanonymous

Michigan Turkey Hunting
« on: January 08, 2020, 11:13:05 AM »
Hey everyone. A friend and I plan to travel to the northern portion of Michigan's Lower Peninsula for a turkey trip this spring. I first visited the area to trout fish in August, and quickly learned how many turkeys live there. I was seeing gobbler tracks on almost every muddy bank of the river I encountered, and even saw a group of 7 very large toms in a meadow adjacent to the river. This is what caused me to set up the trip.

My question is- for any locals or those with experience up there- what type of weather/conditions should I be expecting? My car has 4wd and could easily manage the sand roads in August, but im worried with snowfall and spring rains that these roads may become pretty tough. Im confident the turkeys will be there, but I'm just hoping that by late April, the whole place isn't still a frozen or messy tundra. So, would anyone who might know this info send me a PM or reply to the post? Any advice would be great. I'm from Virginia and don't have too much experience with lands up on that latitude.