Main Menu

WTB Turkey Fan decoy/umbrella thing

Started by YukonC, January 06, 2020, 11:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

The Tom version not the Jake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ranger

Not the strutter umbrella contraption. Worst case scenario you can't find one and actually get to hunt
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

LaLongbeard

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

YukonC

Hey here in Illinois our birds are harder than your typical and if I have one more tool to help me I'm going to have it! I have real "hunting" training IE Army Recon and we used every new tech and method we could to make us better.

tracker vi

Thank you for your service,but be careful with that thing.

Ranger

Not a tool and its help you don't need. It's turkey biology leveraged against him, not hunting at that point.  Friends don't let friends use strutter decoys, much less the strutter umbrella decoy walking blind thing. Trying to help friend
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

YukonC

Quote from: Ranger on January 11, 2020, 01:06:56 AM
Not a tool and its help you don't need. It's turkey biology leveraged against him, not hunting at that point.  Friends don't let friends use strutter decoys, much less the strutter umbrella decoy walking blind thing.

Unless your hunting completely primitive you probably should stay in your lane. 

Ranger

You carry a blow up doll around to meet your lady?  Pay for your first piece of leg?  Buy a deer mount at a yard sale and claim it?  My lane is earning it, come on over

YukonC

Sad to say this is what you choose to do with your time. I'm to busy chore'n. Make yourself useful and get some work done. Over and Out.

Balla1982

An easier solution if you have an old fan laying around......
1. Lay it out and hot glue the bottom of the quills like you would if you were gonna mount it.
2. Attach it to a dowel rod, old arrow, etc ( I used zip ties)

Works just as well.

LaLongbeard

Amazon has a couple different styles....decent prices if you find one with free shipping.

If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Ranger

I'm afraid the "old fan laying around" is not the reality of someone looking to buy a Strutter Blind Decoy Reaper Umbrella Shield

YukonC

Quote from: Ranger on January 12, 2020, 07:59:24 PM
I'm afraid the "old fan laying around" is not the reality of someone looking to buy a Strutter Blind Decoy Reaper Umbrella Shield
Now your really showing your intelligence..... so so sad.

Ranger

Yep. There it is. Think of how many you'll have when you get the Reap Shield 2000 Porta-Blind Strutter though. Primos started the revolution but wait til Avian X gets in the game with 1/4 strut and 1/ strut 2000s for the smaller guys and even youth hunters.  WMAs will look wild when everyone is using their strutter shields

YukonC

Quote from: Ranger on January 12, 2020, 09:04:33 PM
Yep. There it is. Think of how many you'll have when you get the Reap Shield 2000 Porta-Blind Strutter though. Primos started the revolution but wait til Avian X gets in the game with 1/4 strut and 1/ strut 2000s for the smaller guys and even youth hunters.  WMAs will look wild when everyone is using their strutter shields
Is this you? You talk a lot like him...