Previous topic - Next topic

yelpaholic

who makes the most realistic purr pot for the soft stuff

Jrkimbrough

Here's a soundclip of a purr pot I make

https://youtu.be/MpUzPStUarY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

Jimmy schafers is pretty good. I'll be honest even the one from wood haven sounded good but imo was way to pricey. Actually everything woodhaven is way too pricey.
If I remember right a Buddy of mine had one from Sadler McGraw was good too.
Myself I figure about anything can make a decent purr as little as they're used. It's not worth it to me to carry a pot strictly for a sound or two.
Oftentimes purring is a content type call in use. Feeding shows contentment.  Almost any call can softly cluck n purr while you scratch leaves and there'd be one less call to lug around.
I do understand the need to own/carry every situation call. I've just backed off from that myself

Jbird22

I have one of Sadler McGraw's and it spits feathers.

wchadw

I have a Tipton Roberts and kimbrough they are all fine purr pots. I think I like Tipton best. It's an all Wooden call you chalk before playing with a striker

va longbeard

Quote from: wchadw on February 02, 2020, 12:58:04 PM
I have a Tipton Roberts and kimbrough they are all fine purr pots. I think I like Tipton best. It's an all Wooden call you chalk before playing with a striker

The Tipton is my favorite too. 

I can make other normal pots purr too but that Tipton will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up the purr on it is so realistic.

HookedonHooks

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 02, 2020, 12:51:21 PM
I have one of Sadler McGraw's and it spits feathers.
I'd say a majority of competition callers use Sadler's for their cluck/purr sequence. Take that for what it's worth, but it definitely does the job.

Brad Roberts makes an absolutely deadly one, but you have to play it a specific way to get the most out of it. Also you would have to find one second hand since he's suspended taking new orders.