turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tristar viper G2 turkey

Started by Strutbuster91, January 03, 2020, 05:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strutbuster91

Has anybody had a chance to shoot the tristar viper G2 Turkey20 gauge? If so what are your thoughts? And how was the pattern?

Turkeytaker203

Does TriStar make a turkey gun in 20 gauge? I looked on their website and only saw a 12 gauge in the pistol grip turkey version. It wouldn't be the first time I've not seen a product that is actually available but not shown on a website. A 20 gauge in the configuration of the 12 would be pretty sweet. Anybody out there that could confirm a 20 gauge turkey model?

Strutbuster91

Quote from: Turkeytaker203 on January 10, 2020, 04:53:48 PM
Does TriStar make a turkey gun in 20 gauge? I looked on their website and only saw a 12 gauge in the pistol grip turkey version. It wouldn't be the first time I've not seen a product that is actually available but not shown on a website. A 20 gauge in the configuration of the 12 would be pretty sweet. Anybody out there that could confirm a 20 gauge turkey model?
Yes they do google tristar 24152. I ordered 1 last week at my local shop they called me this evening it just came in. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow, I will post pics if I figure out how.

Strutbuster91

The barrel and receiver are cerakoted bronze and pistol grip stock and forearm are bottomland  :drool:

Turkeytaker203

Perfect! Thanks for the info Strutbuster!

BINK McCARTY

Better picture. I believe Tristar nailed it with this en'!!!

OldSwamper

TriStar has informed me that the safety is not reversible, just an FYI for the left-handed people out there, such as myself.

I found that interesting considering the gun looks identical to the SA459, which can be reversed by Weatherby, but I digress.

Just FYI

Ross R

Quote from: OldSwamper on January 31, 2020, 12:23:35 PM
TriStar has informed me that the safety is not reversible, just an FYI for the left-handed people out there, such as myself.

I found that interesting considering the gun looks identical to the SA459, which can be reversed by Weatherby, but I digress.

Just FYI

I need to do the same to sa459.  What did you have to do?  send the trigger in? I thought I remembered someone saying they could you sell you a new trigger. 

owlhoot

Quote from: BINK McCARTY on January 22, 2020, 03:19:07 PM
Better picture. I believe Tristar nailed it with this en'!!!

thats very nice .
I shot a few models last year at clays with one of the reps.  12 and 20 . very soft shooting guns.

OldSwamper

If I recall, they told me a left handed trigger assembly was around $300, and for that, I will buy a new gun and pay the difference.  You can send trigger assembly back to Weatherby and they will reverse it for around $75, apparently only they have the part to do it, if understood correctly.  They could not guarantee it by turkey season so I plan to send it after my season is over

Hope this helps

3bailey3

I handled one at a local gun shop, very nice!