OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 835 24” Utili-Mag Adjustable Sight Needed  (Read 878 times)

YukonC

835 24” Utili-Mag Adjustable Sight Needed
« on: January 03, 2020, 11:12:13 AM »
Looking for advice on adjustable “iron sights” for my 3 year old 835. Not interested in red dots. I am going to do a legit pattern session and want to have a sight that is adjustable to be as dialed in as possible. I picked up an Indian creek choke and plan to polish the barrel and do patterns out to 75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline USMC0331

• Longbeard
Re: 835 24” Utili-Mag Adjustable Sight Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 12:09:28 PM »
William's fire sights . I would not suggest trying to take turkey at 75 yards with a shotgun as the kill shot % is low and at normal turkey hunting ranges your pattern would be so tight leaving you very little room for error. If you state allows the use of a rifle a 22 would be great at 75 yards.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

YukonC

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 12:10:48 PM »
I will check those out. I am currently looking at the truglo gobble dot. I won’t be shooting a turkey that far but I will possibly be shooting coyotes with 4 shot.

YukonC

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:23:08 PM »
Any opinions on which is better the Williams vs Truglo?

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 12:50:42 PM »
Williams. I’ve used Williams sights for a bit. Don’t recall the year but I put them on  SP10 the year Remington bought it from Ithaca. Never had an issue and they’ve been on a few guns.
Here’s just a consideration. On a Benelli 20 ga I put the ghost ring sights on em. They’re about like fire sights but the rear end is a peep. It keeps your head down. I actually like the sight better than the reg open irons.

YukonC

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 06:47:42 PM »
Alright well I ordered the Williams it will be here Monday. Hopefully get some decent weather and I will go pattern.

Offline tracker#1

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
  • Big game tracker with dogs, Oathkeeper, NRA Endowm
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 08:16:05 PM »
I bought a Remington 11/87 years back. POA was off almost 2 feet at 40 yards. Sent it back to Remington and they sent it back saying "they found no problems". I then took it to a gun smith. He found the barrel threaded "crooked". He cut the barrel and re-tapped (threaded) it straight. It patterned better but then I put the Williams on for that barrel and fined tuned the POA.  Shoots perfect POA.

Offline dbishop

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 02:59:26 PM »
I have both sights on various different guns.  Some I see better than others depending on size of the fibers.  The one thing I like about the Williams sights is the ability to order a rear ghost ring sight if necessary.  I'm waiting on two of them to arrive this afternoon to put on a couple muzzle loaders to use in PA flintlock.