OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best Choke/Load for Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter 12 Gauge  (Read 771 times)

Offline WarEagleStrutter

Best Choke/Load for Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter 12 Gauge
« on: December 31, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
Recently purchased the Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter 12 Gauge 24" barrel and was wondering if anyone has found good success with a certain choke and load. Any responses help! Thanks!

Offline Candyman

Re: Best Choke/Load for Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter 12 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 04:38:33 PM »
I used a black diamond .660 and hevi shot 6’s for a long time and it worked well for me. Kicked like the dickens though. But I killed a bunch of gobblers with it. When I began shooting TSS i went to a flush full choke. That worked well too. Good luck.

Offline mtns2hunt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 06:57:22 PM »
Seems like TSS will work well in most chokes. I know it works well in all mine however I am shooting a 20g TC Pro hunter. I too would shutter at the recoil from a single 12g. Good way to get a detached retina.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2020, 02:51:59 AM »
I use H-13 #7s & a Rhino .660. It throws decent patterns,but no shock & awe. I've thought about trying a Sumtoy or Indian creek.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 08:24:20 AM »
We messed with a few of them but most folks was shooting the cheap shells.  Then we ran 650  but think 665 to 670 with the new stuff that is out.  The ones we tested was like a  :TrainWreck1: in 12ga.    The 20 now was nice and has did well with tss
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA