OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Brrokside pre turned pots??  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Bculbert88bama

Brrokside pre turned pots??
« on: December 28, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »
Was wondering if any of y'all have used any of brookside pre turned pots and what is your take on them how deep are they and how thick are the side walls on them etc. I would like to make some calls for my self and my boys thought this would be better than a buying a call they would have something special this way

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Brrokside pre turned pots??
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 04:02:55 PM »
I have not used their pre turned pots but did use one I got from a gentleman on ebay that turned out to look nice I think and also sounds nice.

You started by picking the pot you wanted, then the soundboard and then the surface. You would sand down the pot, install the pedestal ring (His kits now have that preinstalled) glue in the soundboard and then after letting that dry you would glue in the striking surface, in my case slate. Here are some pictures to show you the process and also I will give you a link to the gentleman I got them from. By the way he also does other kinds of calls as well.

The pot I chose to use, sorry I forgot to take picture of the beginning before I had put polyurethane on it.

IMG_0349 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Glass Soundboard and slate surface
IMG_0338 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

soundboard pedestal ring glued in place. (I know it looks horrible, I bought to big a container of glue and it came out way to fast and I had a hard time centering it because of a hand problem)

IMG_0332 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Glass soundboard installed.

IMG_0342 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Slate glued in.

IMG_0347 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

Soundbite of the call. I am not the greatest caller.

https://soundcloud.com/user-933394494/sycamore-turkey-call-pot-kit-i-made

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Custom-Sycamore-Turkey-Call-Pot-Unfinished-w-Pedestal-Ring-Included/222781676842?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Here is a link to his other items as well. I spoke with him on the phone about another call I am going to be making of his and he was a very nice guy, I had also asked him a lot of questions on ebay and he answered all of them very politely.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/crgamecalls/m.html?item=222781676842&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Bculbert88bama

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
Wow thanks for your reply I think im going to buy a few calls and give them a chance not into competition calling just want something that sounds good and kills birds I have a few box store pots now but my boys need calls so thought this would be good thing to do

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 05:32:20 PM »
You're welcome. It gave me a better understanding and appreciation of what a call maker does to make us all such great calls. I wish I could turn a pot but that is just not possible, so this is the next best thing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."