OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sears crow call

Started by 3bailey3, December 22, 2019, 02:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3bailey3

I just got this old Sears crow call off ebay in original packaging with price tag still on it $1.98 neat old call that sounds good

BigSlam51

I was bidding on that

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

EZ

Quote from: BigSlam51 on December 22, 2019, 03:17:00 PM
I was bidding on that

He beat you out at $1.98? LOL!!!

NCbowjunkie

I have one just like that one. If you want to know who made it I can help you out

BigSlam51

Quote from: EZ on December 22, 2019, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: BigSlam51 on December 22, 2019, 03:17:00 PM
I was bidding on that

He beat you out at $1.98? LOL!!!
I got busy and forgot about it

Bill

That call was made by the Green Head Company in Lacon, Illinois.  They (and others) also made duck calls for Sears.  Green Head briefly made turkey (box) calls.

The first duck call I had when was a kid was a Sears/Green Head.  It didn't sound bad until I tried to "tune" it and mangled the reed

3bailey3

I wanted the call because in the mid 70's my mom made me go to Sears every week and I hated it, never saw a outdoor section there, so I got this to correct my bad memories there!

Southerngobbler

My Sears had an outdoors section. Actually had good fishing rods-for that time period and even had couple of shoulder mount deer.  Might have been early to mid  80s.

shoer2

I had one of those at one time.our sears you would order stuff and then have to go pick it up when it came in.there was no outdoor section at the one we went too.pretty cool old call.

Greg Massey

Neat old crow call... Sear's and J C Penny's were the go to places back in the day... we also used the old catalogues for other purposes ... lol.... good wiping paper ....

North of 8

.........and monkey Wards
Montgomery Ward