OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Choke/Load  (Read 1165 times)

Offline turkey22

Turkey Choke/Load
« on: December 19, 2019, 04:18:31 PM »
I have a M2 12 ga with a 21” barrel. Any recommendations, as far as, choke, and, load.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Turkey Choke/Load
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 09:16:26 AM »
665 is a good all around size for it.  Should work with about any shell.    Now as in shell it more what you want to spend.   $2 dead  $5 more dead $10 very dead.

As I always ask.   How dead is dead?
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 02:33:46 PM »
try what you have it may work just fine.   Sometimes you can choke the hv13 little more.

Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Online Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 01:13:25 AM »
I shoot a 665 jebs in a 24" M2.  For what it's worth I load the "twister" tss load.  It kills and kills well.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Turkeytider

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 12:50:09 PM »
I am using Hevi 13 6's and Winchester Long beard now. I have a SSX and a Bone Collector choke. I have a 26" barrel now. Going to the 21".Thanks

Also used both of the above in my 870 Super Mag,, 23", .660 Jellyhead. I would think those two loads would be in heavy consideration for the best non-TSS loads on the market ( although I think the Hevi-13s may have some tungsten in the alloy (?) ).