turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Osage Board

Started by Footballer, December 13, 2019, 10:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

Anyone know where I can get a board of osage? I currently get blanks off Facebook but I'd prefer to get a board of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSlam51

Any wood stores close to you?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Footballer

Quote from: BigSlam51 on December 13, 2019, 11:07:34 AM
Any wood stores close to you?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have a Woodcraft but they don't carry it

doublespurs21

a PM  towards you.. I have osage boards, ,, what is the size you are looking for???  chris

NCbowjunkie

How far you from Asheville. There is a Coremark there that has a good selection and just a little further east in hickory N.C. is west penn hardwoods which has most any size you want.

Footballer

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on December 13, 2019, 08:25:58 PM
How far you from Asheville. There is a Coremark there that has a good selection and just a little further east in hickory N.C. is west penn hardwoods which has most any size you want.

I'm out of Knoxville, Tn so I'm not too far. I'd be willing to drive if they have some. Thanks for the info!

mmclain

You need to personally inspect a full board. It will have natural cracks and inclusions that can ruin a big number of blanks you get out of it. 

Footballer

Quote from: mmclain on December 14, 2019, 09:12:48 AM
You need to personally inspect a full board. It will have natural cracks and inclusions that can ruin a big number of blanks you get out of it.

That's good to know. Thanks, Matt!

Dawson

Chattanooga Hardwood Center has some 8/4 boards but they are expensive! 

NCbowjunkie

It would be worth the time to drive to west penn hardwoods. You can hold and inspect each piece. You will be amazed at the woods they have  from turning stock to boards to raw slabs.