OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Cabelas Turkey Vest  (Read 5032 times)

Offline Bottomland

Cabelas Turkey Vest
« on: December 12, 2019, 08:36:56 PM »
Have they discontinued the tactical turkey vest they used to carry?  I guess the buyout really put cabelas to crap now.  Its a shame because the cabelas brand used to be a dang good brand in my opinion.  Quality gear and stuff

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
Re: Cabelas Turkey Vest
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »
I think they did. I bought an extra one when I saw they were getting to have limited quantities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Online grayfox

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 04:53:55 PM »
Hard to believe they discontinued it. Bet they sold more of those vests than any.

Online Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:36:28 PM »
Yeap bass pro is stupid
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 11:44:02 PM »
Maybe my Tat'r will soon sell for what Dixon vests do! :blob10:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline ddturkeyhunter

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 10:33:31 AM »
The cabelas store I used to shop at in MN for my hunting gear has totally gone to crap and handle nothing anymore. The big wide open floor full of camouflage clothing when you first come walking in is now full of street cloth. And the little amount of camo clothing they now do have. Is now stuffed back in the corner room that used to be the bargain cave. That used to be just for the discounts and returns when it was the old Cabelas.  So I have been in there twice since the buy out and not back since. Bigger is not always better.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 04:50:57 PM »
Actually I was looking on their site today and noticed that also. I currently have the TAT'R and it is still in good shape but was looking for a backup. I love that vest and I do like the kickstands on it. I know that ALPZ makes one but boy is it expensive.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 01:18:34 PM »
Those TATR vests were some of the best available. Best seat design out in my opinion.

Offline buzzardroost

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 08:33:41 PM »
Surely they haven’t done away with them....really great vest. Probably the most user friendly and durable that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 05:34:52 PM »
I just put an order in for an Alpz through Cabela’s. It’s going for $180. I saw these Tatr 2 vests are going for $100.

I’m tempted to return the Aplz for the Cabela’s one...

Offline PALongspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33:43 AM »
The Tatr vests are on the website as of right now.

Offline fmf

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2020, 03:13:22 PM »
I just put an order in for an Alpz through Cabela’s. It’s going for $180. I saw these Tatr 2 vests are going for $100.

I bought the Alps and Tactical Tatr at the same time and ended up keeping the Cabelas.  Both are great, and each has pluses and minuses over the other one, but in the end the Alps cushion became uncomfortable in about half the time that the Cabelas cushion did.  I really liked the kickstand and the design of the vest though

Offline Mossberg90MN

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2020, 03:50:37 PM »

I bought the Alps and Tactical Tatr at the same time and ended up keeping the Cabelas.  Both are great, and each has pluses and minuses over the other one, but in the end the Alps cushion became uncomfortable in about half the time that the Cabelas cushion did.  I really liked the kickstand and the design of the vest though

How’s the cushion on the cabelas one? Does that one also have a kickstand? I’ve seen that it does but I can’t seem to see it on the photos on cabelas.com

I’m probably gonna but the cabelas one and return the alps one. If there just about the same, I could save myself $80. That’s some ammo, or something else I can use it for.

Offline kytrkyhntr

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 12:38:32 AM »
I have a TATR2 I bought off of a guy on here last year. It’s an older one in original obsession and my only complaint about the vest is that it’s not in bottomland. The 3” memory foam speed seat is a game changer.
don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 12:30:20 PM »
Surely they haven’t done away with them....really great vest. Probably the most user friendly and durable that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you had it for and how much have you punished it? My buddy has one and has zero issues. Just seems so thin. The no shell holders thing stinks too