OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg Maverick  (Read 786 times)

Offline rbreedi1

• Thunder Ridge Totes
Mossberg Maverick
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:04:09 PM »
Anyone hunt a Mossberg Maverick 20 Gauge youth? Thought about picking one up and running some TSS through it.
Thunder Ridge Totes

Offline Turkeyfever

Re: Mossberg Maverick
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 08:29:50 AM »
This was the first 20 gauge I ever experienced turkey hunting with. I picked it up at academy for my son,  I started shooting it and that is how my 20 gauge addiction began! Yes it will flat out shoot and is a cheaper alternative to the 500 everything is interchangeable (barrels, tubes)  as I have both the safety is in a different spot on the Maverick.  I ended up taking 3 birds with this one and my son took his first. I put some beard buster sights on it and actually shot the federal copper plated #6 and Federal hv #7 as this was several years ago. The gun patterns great. I now have other dedicated 20 gauge turkey guns so this one has a slug barrel on it for my son to do shotgun only deer hunts with. I shot the tru glo ssx out of it but my son killed his with the modified choke that came in it as I wanted a more forgiving pattern. I found the Carlson 575 turkey a few years ago and that's what I would try if I was you it shoots the #9 TSS great out of that gun. Good luck!