OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: T  (Read 1572 times)

Offline NCSWAMPFOX

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
T
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:42:21 AM »
tttttt
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:45:37 PM by NCSWAMPFOX »

Offline FL-Boss

• Longbeard
Re: weatherby sa-08 and 459
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 03:25:48 PM »
Are you using the correct piston?  Sound like you are firing light loads with the heavy piston? Either way, these Turkish guns need some rounds through them to loosen up.

All these Turkish made SA guns -  Tristar, Weatherby SA line, Mossberg SA line, Hansen (plus many other off brand names)  are pretty much the same and many are even made in the same factory.
They aren't the best quality, but then again they don't cost $1,500 either. I will say Weatherby does have the best support after the sale.

I have had about 10 of these SA shotguns in total, have about 5 now.  They have all been as good as any Remington or Browning I have owned. I have seen the occasional jam/miss feed.. but no more than any Remington, etc.

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:35:05 PM »
Man Im sorry to hear this. I own three SA08. I havent had any issues with them. I did have one loose stock spring but tightened that down myself.
Georgia Boy

Offline DrDirtNap

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 05:31:14 PM »
All I’ve used the last three seasons is my trusty SA459 20 ga.  Has been very dependable and highly effective with TSS handloads.   I’ve recommended this gun many times.   
I’m Sorry to hear you had issues with yours. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »
well,  decided to take sa-08 after repairs and went duck hunting in swamp on farm wednesday morning after cold front came in. needless to say at shooting time 2 mallards came into hole and were backpedaling at 20 yards in small spread. first shot dented primer but no igntion. shucked another in and it fired and ejected but would not properly load next shell into receiver as before. tried other variety of shells and they did same thing. where do i go from here? hate to sell a gun that still doesnt function properly.

Take your butt plate off then remove screw to take stock off. Check your spring in the stock and make sure it is tight. I bought one used and that was a problem. Fixed it and no issues since. I own three of them, all 20 ga.

Next suggestion would be to get to a local gunsmith. Its something simple as long as you have the right gas pistons in.
Georgia Boy