OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ceramic surface?  (Read 4216 times)

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Ceramic surface?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 09:49:35 AM »
I appreciate it  Va longbeard  for spending some my money

Your welcome glad to depreciate the Christmas funds lol!

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 10:04:54 AM »
I appreciate it  Va longbeard  for spending some my money

Your welcome glad to depreciate the Christmas funds lol!
Funny I was talking to him while he's up a tree hunting deer , told him no hurry I will I'll be leaving to go hunting for two WEAKS. , I'm on his list
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 11:04:04 AM »
I will add this comment , some call builders try to build a good ceramic pot and they turn out poor - far at best .. But Mac bloodwood - black limba ceramic is outstanding ..

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »
Just to chime in. Stumpy makes one of the finest ceramics I have laid my hands on. In fact , I now have 3 of his. I have owned and played several ceramics from well known makers that fell short for me. Just my opinion though.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline outdoors

• Limbhanger
  • 2015 forum supporter. “Outta’ the Woods”
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2019, 11:32:40 AM »
I have a.  :TooFunny: few of Chads  ceramics  , a few they are really nice all turkey  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2019, 11:54:19 AM »
Jim Shelley builds a pretty good ceramic - cherry pot ... I see people scare ceramic like they are conditioning a glass surface call , no need for that with ceramic , just rub it with piece of scott - brite ever so often and clean it with alcohol pad ... ceramic doesn't need a lot of care ....

Offline Weathered-Branch

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 12:23:41 PM »
So you treat it like slate? Good to know. Is the sound close to slate too or does it have a different pitch or tone? I really don’t know, I’ve never heard a ceramic pot before. But I’m really intrigued to make a couple of my pots with it...
Don’t underestimate how smart I can be, but don’t underestimate how dumb I can be either...

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2019, 12:34:10 PM »
So you treat it like slate? Good to know. Is the sound close to slate too or does it have a different pitch or tone? I really don’t know, I’ve never heard a ceramic pot before. But I’m really intrigued to make a couple of my pots with it...
  Ceramic is higher pitch with more volume to cut the wind , but you can play it soft also.. it has lot more volume than slate ....  If you do facebook , go to Mark Cornelius facebook page and listen to him play ceramic pots ... Mark Cornelius is Mac Calls .. you will see him also play the bloodwood black limba ceramic pot ..

Offline Hoot 000

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 08:43:10 PM »
SWAMP Boys ceramic in a Cherry pot with the Dyamond Wood Striker.

Offline wchadw

• Longbeard
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 12:28:28 PM »
i had one ceramic that didn't roll over very well.  it was an expensive pot, so i didnt get anymore for a long time.

i got a few recently that were excellent.  stumpy's ceramics are excellent and i have one from brad roberts that is outstanding

Online Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
i had one ceramic that didn't roll over very well.  it was an expensive pot, so i didnt get anymore for a long time.

i got a few recently that were excellent.  stumpy's ceramics are excellent and i have one from brad roberts that is outstanding
Thank you, I could not remember his name and wanted to suggest him. I could remember his real first name but not name here. I agree, I really like my ceramic from him.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 02:01:27 PM »

Yes Brad makes a really nice ceramic pot .. Brad makes a lot of nice pots regardless of playing surface.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2019, 09:56:10 PM »
You can probably find a sound file in pot call sound files on the forum. Ceramic is an easy player and has a good sound. I only have a few of them from all different makers. All of mine have a glass soundboard except one has a aluminum soundboard. I would think that if you are getting good sound out of slate, ceramic shouldn’t be whole lot different. I am not a call maker so I could be wrong . How much are you charging for your slate calls? You can pm me if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk